We are looking for a Team Leader in the regulatory software development function in Manchester. This role represents an opportunity to lead a key team of developers working principally in SQL server as well as .NET. We are looking for a highly organised, personable and process driven person to manage the day to day allocation and tracking of software development work packages.
International regulators the world over require gambling companies to write software and reporting systems to communicate jurisdiction specific information to them. The system requirements range from multi-millions of submissions per day to full year analytics reporting. bet365’s long term strategy is to gain licences throughout the world’s regulated markets as they are made available and the function’s output is key to that strategy.
The software includes high throughput database centric distributed applications, batch reporting, SOAP / REST API integration, windows & web services, web applications, SSRS and more. Given the importance of the system payloads these applications must be tuned for performance, be extremely reliable and of a very high quality; the tolerance for error is low.
The Team Leader will line manage a team of developers and will be responsible for the allocation, management and delivery of all of the team’s work items.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience of software delivery, perhaps as a TL, PM, BA, PO, SM etc.
- Adept at prioritisation, delivery and driving efficiency in a high throughput environment
- Highly organised and adaptable, capable of managing multiple substantial and high profile work streams simultaneously
- Able to respond positively and rapidly to changing requirements and priorities
- Maintain a clear head and respond calmly to high pressure situations
- Proven experience of implementing, refining and improving process and procedure
- Capable of understanding and retaining substantial, varied and complex business rules
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams so that they work harmoniously and effectively
- Excellent attention to detail whilst always keeping the “bigger picture” to mind
- Experience of software development, especially large database software, an advantage
- Line management of a busy technical team of SQL Server & .NET developers
- The prioritisation, triaging, assigning and tracking of work items
- Ensuring the highest level of governance is carried out on all work
- Assisting management with identifying and implementing improvements to work practices, processes and deliverables in order to produce and support the very best quality working software
- Ensuring that logical requirements are fully understood and realised, and that the implementations of the solutions are performant and robust
- Implementing appropriate appraising, mentoring, coaching and development of the team as best meets their needs
- Working with the function’s Product Analyst, Technical Lead and other teams to foster collaboration and consistency across the function
- Encouraging a collaborative, respectful and supportive spirit so that team members earn and reciprocate trust, value and cohesion
- 121s and team meetings as required
- Regular meetings with management to apprise of ongoing work including escalations when required