We are looking for a passionate Commercial Small Tanker Analyst to join our dynamic Analyst team based in London.
A little bit about us
VesselsValue is a dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht sectors. We have over 2,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, funds, shipowners and more. We employ over 160 people across our 7 offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Xi’an, Manila, Isle of Wight and Stoke and are rapidly expanding.
As a creative, forward thinking and hardworking company, the successful candidate should share these values. In return, you will get to work in a supportive, trusting and transparent environment, with a young but growing global company.
We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated and confident team member. The Commercial Small Tanker Analyst will have at least 2 years commercial experience in either S&P or chartering of small tanker carriers (including but not limited to clean, chemical, stainless steel coated, asphalt, methanol and dirty small tankers) as well as possessing strong analytical skills, the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve, have contacts in the relevant markets and be confident at communicating with team members and management. There will be an opportunity as the role progresses to travel at home and abroad.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Improving our data and analytics in the small tanker sector
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of the current Shipping Sale and Purchase Market, Charter Market and General Market trends globally. Using your market contacts to uncover hidden market data (i.e., sales, charters, rumours)
- Compile, update and maintain all current market information into internal database.
- Assisting the London analyst team in the development of new products
- Provide day to day analytical support to the VesselsValue sales team
- Acting as subject matter expert in sales meetings and online demonstrations to support the VV sales process
- Responding to client queries regarding the VesselsValue system and methodology.
- Attending sales meetings and shipping conferences, with possibility for public speaking
- Provide introductions to potential clients to the sales team
- Creating market review presentations
- Writing relevant analytical stories for the press and newsletters to support marketing & PR
- Liaising with the research teams to ensure best quality data maintenance by them
Key skills, experience and qualifications required:
- A minimum of 2 years’ S&P or chartering experience specific to the small tanker sector.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Lateral thinking/opportunity spotting/innovative ideas
- Strong communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to deal effectively with clients and having a strong work ethic to do whatever it takes to produce results.
- Strong commercial skills and industry contacts
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft office skills including competent excel as a minimum (pivot tables, formula etc)
- Knowledge/experience of the maritime sector
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with multiple teams
- Good first degree in a numerate subject from a top tier university
Salary and Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91691935