· To provide care and support to clients within their own home and in the community.
· To directly provide assistance with personal care in accordance with the client’s care plans e.g. assistance with bathing, washing, dressing, using the toilet.
· To support clients using trained moving and handling procedures and equipment.
· To support clients with their medication once training has been undertaken and medication administration competency has been achieved.
· To support clients with daily living tasks as stated in their care plan e.g. meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, shopping.
· To support clients to access the community and take part in social events as directed in the care plan. e.g. support to attend appointments, support to go shopping or attend events.
· To respond promptly to any emergencies e.g. medical emergencies.
· To promote the dignity and privacy of clients.
· To identify and report any concerns relating to clients health and wellbeing to the Registered Manager.
· To write accurate daily reports of all care provided and relevant events and keep these up to date.
· To contribute to developing and reviewing clients care plans and risk assessments.
· To work with external agencies to ensure clients’ needs are met, including attending multi-agency meetings when required.
· To identify, respond and report all safeguarding concerns to the Registered Manager.
· To report all concerns of below standard practice and cultural concerns to the Registered Manager.
· To contribute to safeguarding enquiries and meetings as required.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
· To work in a safe manner at all times maintaining your own and others safety.
· To identify and report any health and safety concerns and potential risks to the Registered Manager.
· To work within the scope of all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
· To follow Infection Control Procedures, use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and ensure work areas are clean and maintained.
Equality and Diversity:
· To promote anti-discriminatory practice.
· To support the equality, diversity and rights of clients and colleagues.
· To respect the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of clients and colleagues, behaving in a manner which is non-judgmental.
· To behave respectfully at all times to all clients, colleagues and others.