|Salary:||£8.72 - 10.00 per hour|
Would you like to further your career in Health & Social Care? Has your regular work been affected by the pandemic? Do you wish to provide care and support to vulnerable people during this difficult time? We might have just the role for you.
Safehands Recruitment are urgently looking for Mental Health Support Workers to assist our clients in the Newport area. As an agency worker, you will have the opportunity to work at a variety of care settings ranging from hospitals and secure units, to residential and supported living environments. You will be playing a vital role in the lives of people with learning difficulties, physical disabilities, mental health issues, autistic spectrum disorders, acquired brain injuries, and/or sensory impairment.
Our workers have provided essential support to a variety of care services impacted by the pandemic. They enjoy a flexible working schedule based around their availability, and many of our staff have even been offered full-time positions after a successful placement.
As a Support Worker at Safehands Recruitment you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates (8.72-£9.50/hr) paid weekly through PAYE. We don’t use an umbrella company, so you will accrue Annual Leave on top of your hourly wage and won’t incur any hidden fees.
- A flexible working schedule based on your availability. We will never force you to work if you aren’t able to.
- A wide range of healthcare settings to experience before finding your ideal environment
- Free extensive training, including PBM/PMVA and Manual Handling.
- Professional weekly rota management with advance bookings and incentives for picking up shifts at short notice.
- Extra pay for recommending friends to join us
- Dedicated, friendly, approachable local consultants with professional industry knowledge available 24/7
- Free uniform
- Free DBS Check if not on the Update Service
Does this sound like you?
- We are looking for workers who are caring, reliable, trustworthy, flexible, empathetic and passionate about supporting vulnerable people.
- Do you have a DBS on the update service? Do you currently hold a Manual Handling or PBM/PMVA certificate? We could have you working in a matter of days.
- At least 3 months experience within Health and Social Care
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aged 18 years and above
- A driving license is not essential as many locations are accessible by public transport. However, having your own vehicle will give you greater flexibility over where you can work. Mileage allowance will also be provided.
How are we responding to the pandemic?
- Our onboarding process and training are almost completely remote so can be done from home (except for PBM/PMVA training, which is a day-long course with every measure taken to keep everyone safe – small groups, PPE provided, handwashing/sanitiser stations, etc.)
- We have encouraged clients to commit to booking the same members of staff regularly to limit the spread of Covid-19 between homes, providing much-needed stability to our workers in the process. These homes have included our workers in their weekly Covid-19 testing and have strict guidelines in place to keep everyone safe.
- Our branch staff are knowledgeable and passionate about keeping everyone safe from the virus. We are constantly keeping up to date with government guidelines and local restrictions, whilst being sympathetic to how they affect our workers.
- Our branches are fully equipped to work remotely, so regardless of how the pandemic develops we can still offer a high-quality service to our staff and clients.
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you, please apply or call the South Wales team on 02920660200
Newport, Cardiff, Pontypridd, Ebbw Vale
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £8.72-£10.00 per hour
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: