You don’t wait for change. You drive it. Go where next-generation IT solutions meet next-generation career opportunities. Discover the power of partnership at Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Greenlake Pre-Sales Graduate
As a Presales Graduate within HPE’s Hybrid IT team, you will be part of an industry-leading organisation, engaged in promoting HPE’s leading portfolio of products and solutions to customers in the UK & Ireland.
Our Presales technical consultants work in partnership with our sales teams and partner organisations to build strong relationships with our customers, and work on specific opportunities. Whilst participating on the graduate scheme, you will participate in defining, developing, and supporting the sales process for technology and solutions, whist aligning with HPE’s internal career development framework.
The graduate programme is designed to develop you into a leading Presales Consultant over a period of 14 months. Over this time, you will be trained to develop in a number of dimensions:
- Technical – you will develop a broad knowledge of HPE’s products and solutions, their value to our customers, their place in our portfolio, the competitive landscape, in addition to getting hands on with solutions
- Consultative – you will learn what it takes to become a “trusted advisor” to HPE’s customers, helping to define solutions and support the sales cycle. Along with developing creative financial solutions that are part of a HPE GreenLake solution.
- Professional – you will understand how to be an effective professional, through communication, presentation, facilitation, planning, leadership and career development
You will participate in informal and formal technical and soft-skills training, to ensure a well-rounded development into a technology advisory consultant who will have strong commercial acumen as we will teach you not on only the technical aspects of solution but the commercial aspects to. You will be involved with (but not limited to) the following tasks and activities:
- Understanding the breadth and depth of the HPE portfolio in our core infrastructure solutions (servers, storage, networking and management) as part of our Hybrid IT strategy, in addition to understanding of market technologies and trends
- Architecting, sizing and configuring solutions using HPE tools
- Regularly presenting to peers, management and customers to develop facilitation and presentation skills
- Develop your planning, debating and negotiation skills, mapping out your approach to learning the assigned topics
- Visiting customers in a “shadow” role with other experienced technology advisory consultants
- Build your consultative skills to uncover real customer needs
- Develop your personal network of help and support from the UK&I and Worldwide experts
- Learn how to Price a deal and build the commercial construct.
- Learn outcome based selling that is focused on the customers’ workloads.
You will have access to industry leading consultants and product ambassadors, who will coach and mentor you throughout your time on the programme, and beyond.
The programme allows a high degree of flexible learning, freedom to explore through different methods of learning across multiple technologies from the industry’s leading vendors and access to technical facilities to get hands-on experience.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Passionate About Technology and the commercial aspects of making a sale- if building sellable solutions interests or excites you, you’ll love this role. What could be better than sharing your passion with our customers?
- Keen to Develop - desire for continual personal development in technical, commercial and soft skills
- Proactive & Enthusiastic - must drive positive, proactive engagement with peers, HPE account teams and customers
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (completed prior to start date) in business, computer science, mathematics, engineering or related scientific/ quantitative fields (minimum 2:1)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Driving license – although the graduate scheme is mainly office based, the Presales Consultant role is field based
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Prior internship experience (preferably with a technology company)
- Leadership experience in university and/or participation in extracurricular activities, student organisations, the workplace and/or community service
- An interest in disruptive, emerging technologies such as photonics, containerisation and composable infrastructure,
- An interest in IT delivery modes and frameworks, such as bimodal IT, micro-services, DevOps, OpenStack and APIs
- An understanding of industry concepts such as cloud, mobility, big data and security
- An understanding of computer architecture/design concepts such as data centres, virtualisation, utilisation, scalability, availability, resilience and disaster recovery
- An understanding of computing infrastructure in the context of servers, storage, networking, management software and associated technologies
- Being strong with numbers is a massive bonus
HPE offers a competitive salary to new graduates with clearly defined stages for career progression. Exceptional candidates can be accelerated through the programme gaining reward and responsibility earlier than their peers. Only you set the limit on your progression at HPE!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.