A Bit About Us:
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
More About the Role:
As our Southern Region District Manager, you will work closely with our Regional Managers and support our Outbase Managers and their team. As a part of your role you will liaise regularly with your assigned Outbases, work with our Commercial, Quality and P&D team to find a better way. Travel around the Southern Region is required so we are seeking a Regional candidate who is located in travel distance from all Southern Depots.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing:
As our Southern Region District Manager you will have overall responsibility in leading and managing the efficiency of the Outbases and will use your skills in the areas outlined below:
- Motivating and supporting Outbase’s
- Maintaining efficiency through effective people management
- Updating and submitting reports to the Regional Manager, Head Office and Senior Management team weekly.
- Monitoring Delivery Performance
- Working alongside the Commercial team to assist with the effective planning of resources to help the business optimise efficiency and minimise operational risk during peak periods.
- Working closely with the Quality team ensuring product damage limitation
A Few Things About You:
Our Southern Region District Manager needs to be passionate about driving our business forward and really care about the service we deliver to our customers. You will be able to work under pressure whilst remaining relaxed and approachable and be driven to deliver on key objectives. You will be able to motivate our Outbase Managers and employees, encouraging a hard-working environment with happy people. You need to be bold enough to make tough decisions quickly and be able to challenge our performance so that we are always improving.
- Working in a logistics environment or home delivery sector
- Excellent operational understanding
- Working collaboratively with senior management and other departmental managers
- Able to produce management reports
- Demonstrate an understanding of managing budgets and resource planning
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen
- A strong, motivational leader with flexibility to suit business needs
- Strong problem solver and confident to overcome challenges independently
- Excellent communication skills
- PC literate including in-house logistics systems and Microsoft Packages
- Must be a CPC Holder
- Have excellence Transport and Distribution knowledge
Why Choose AO:
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
Great People Deserve Great Things:
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
Click ‘Apply’ now to join our family and find out more about the Southern Region District Manager role.