Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for Senior or Principal T* *own Planners to join us across the UK.
Our work of providing Planning services is of critical importance to our clients, local communities and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed to successful planning outcomes, whilst utilising best practice and creative approaches to problem solving. Our Planning discipline currently comprises more than 20 Town Planners based in key strategic locations across the UK, providing technical support to a wide range of development projects especially large infrastructure and public building schemes. This team continues to grow in line with increases in workload.
Responsibilities will vary depending upon experience but may include:
- Deliver a range of planning projects. This will include working alongside or potentially project managing other disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing and reviewing documents for planning applications or development consent orders, and planning policy preparation and advice.
- Project managing and co-ordinating the preparation of planning applications Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- Helping with or leading on the preparation of work proposals and work specifications.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues.
- Supporting additional work opportunities to the Planning team through building strong relationships with our existing internal and external client base;;
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Where appropriate, responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
Here's What You'll Need:
- A good degree qualification in a relevant planning (RTPI accredited) or related degree.
- Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI).
- Recent development management or development planning experience in public or private sectors.
- Town & Country Planning Act experience
- An understanding of current town planning issues and the town planning process especially with regard to major development schemes and infrastructure projects;
- Technical ability preferably with experience in planning policy, planning applications and related areas including EIA and other Impact Assessments.
- Flexibility to work in other disciplines related to planning, in particular an interest or experience of working in one or more of the following: Strategic Environmental Assessment, public consultation, socio-economic assessment or master planning.
- Project management of town planning and related environmental assessments as part of TCPA or DCO applications Culture
We're invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what's possible. There's something that drives everyone - and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM , WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall . We are also Disability Confident Committed ;_ _therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.