Apply for this jobFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the Senior EMEA Employment Counsel will include:
- Providing practical, strategic advice and counsel to management and regional HR professionals on a broad range of employment law issues across multiple jurisdictions in EMEA for PayPal (covering the U.K., Luxembourg, Ireland, Sweden, France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Russia and Israel), including hiring, employee relations, discipline and terminations, leaves of absence, and discrimination and harassment matters.
- Assisting with managing global projects on employment law matters, such as global reward projects and restructurings, cross border employee transfers, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising on policies and procedures impacting employees.
- Providing employment law advice relating to works councils and staff delegation matters.
- Managing U.K. and EMEA employment-related disputes and litigation and internal dispute resolution, including working with outside counsel and managing budgets.
- Providing coverage for other jurisdictions across PayPal's workforce footprint as needed.
- Advising on internal employment-related investigations.
- Conducting manager and human resources training on employment legal issues.
- Providing support for other corporate legal functions on an as-needed basis, including global employee benefits matters, business ethics officer investigations, competition law matters, privacy matters and M&A/governance/integration support.
- You are an experienced employment lawyer with excellent academic credentials and a professional membership in good standing in at least one country where PayPal does business.
- You will have significant post-qualification experience in the field of employment law gained in the U.K. and EMEA regions, with strong private practice experience being essential and some prior in-house experience being beneficial.
- You will have strong and current knowledge of European employment laws and regulations. Expertise in one European country required and experience advising across multiple European jurisdictions preferred.
- You will be a fluent English speaker and potentially have additional language skills although the latter is not required.
- You will be able to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner while demonstrating tact and discretion in the most sensitive of situations.
- You will have strong analytical, problem-solving, and leadership skills in addition to excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- You can lead and influence clients to drive the best decisions for the business and for our people.
- You will have excellent judgment and an ability to evaluate and advise on legal risks within a commercial business context.
- You will have the ability to develop and build relationships of trust within a complex business environment and across multiple geographies.
- You will have strong attention to detail and an ability to move the business priorities forward.
- You have willingness to learn a variety of new skills and broaden current functional expertise.
- You are team-oriented, with a great sense of humour, sound judgment and high tolerance for ambiguity while working in an extremely fast-paced, busy, environment in a cutting-edge industry.
- You will be prepared to travel within the EMEA region as required to fulfil the function of your role, with occasional international travel also being possible (after pandemic-related travel restrictions are lifted).
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.Apply for this job