About Ascend by Cirium
Cirium brings together powerful data and analytics to keep the world moving. We match an intrapreneurial approach with decades of experience in aviation and air travel. Enabling airlines, airports, travel companies, tech giants, aircraft manufacturers, financial institutions and many more to accelerate digital transformation. Be part of our mission and strategy to activate data fluency around the industry. With us, you will drive change, work with the industry’s most talented people and advance your career opportunities.
Aviation Valuations Analyst
Ascend by Cirium is seeking an enthusiastic Aviation Valuations Analyst to join our London Heathrow team. This is an exciting opportunity within our Consultancy department, which is based across London, New York and Hong Kong offices. You will be based in our Heathrow Office, as part of our diverse, global team of 28 valuation and commercial aviation analysts whose work is recognised as market-leading and industry influencing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Teamwork and collaboration; a willingness to support the team to success.
- An outgoing, personable nature; confident in formulating and defending opinions both internally and externally.
- A drive for innovation, both from own ideas and from industry feedback.
- Self-starter; proactive in own learning and career development
- Time management; delivering to deadlines and managing workloads; ability to prioritise effectively.
- Trust, integrity and discretion.
While complete training will be provided, certain aptitudes, skills and pre-existing knowledge are desirable:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation / Aeronautical Engineering / Finance / Economics / Data Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Commercial aviation knowledge including aircraft, airlines, manufacturers, current major industry issues, etc.
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Excel is required, as well as a willingness to advance skills in this area through training and experience.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Python is desirable.
- Solid numerical and analytical skills and the ability to learn and adapt to new methods.
- Proven research skills; clear and concise analysis and report writing.
- Familiarity working with and manipulating large datasets is ideal.
- Practiced and proven communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for planes; previous work experience within the air transport industry in an analytical, financial or technical role is a plus but not required.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of a second language is an advantage but not required
Responsibilities & Opportunities
- Deliver valuations for a variety of aviation asset types (commercial aircraft, business jets, helicopters, aero-engines, flight simulators)
- Participate in regular market research; review and analyse market data and trends to triangulate aircraft market values and maintain aircraft values database
- Regularly share market insights and actively participate in market discussions within the team, as well as being able to regularly publish research both in print and online.
- Build a network of industry contacts through client meetings and conference attendances with the purpose of continuous market research and client support.
- Work towards developing expertise within one of the aviation asset types.
- Work towards gaining professional appraiser certification through ISTAT or ASA
- Support advisory projects including collaborations across Cirium’s UK, US & Asia offices as required by the business.
- Through working as part of the Ascend by Cirium Team your also enjoy the opportunity to:
- Potentially benefit from flexible working arrangements.
- Work towards becoming an ISTAT-qualified aircraft appraiser.
- Travel globally to industry events (subject to circumstances).
- Visit our other offices in the UK and globally.
- Be part of our team’s fantastic social scene, with activities ranging from pub quizzes to crazy golf!
Please provide a covering letter to support your CV for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.877.734.1938.