Fortis Financial is a London based Financial Planning practice focused on delivering the best outcomes for both private and corporate clients in the most timely and cost-effective way. We are a solutions-based organisation and will work with you to achieve your goals, whatever they may be.
Fortis Financial was set up in 2009 primarily as a boutique, high end mortgage brokerage and has developed over the years into what it is today – a full service, holistic and long-term focused financial planning business. Whether our clients are looking to build their assets, be as tax efficient as possible or protect their family finances we will meet with clients, understand those needs and create a long-term plan. We have a deep focus on building on-going relationships with clients to help them navigate their way through changes in the economic markets, political landscapes and most importantly in their personal lives. No client ever has the same needs so we really take the time to understand what we could do to help our clients and their families.
Competence and Role
- Working in collaboration with Financial Advisers and other colleagues, you will assist the Financial Advisers in preparing recommendations and producing suitability reports in line with company policy, including preparing and maintaining client records.
- The role will involve promoting the company’s services in a professional and FCA compliant manner.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
- Record your client communications (whether that communication is written, oral or electronic) including client related communications with third parties.
- Client communications and client related communications require to be recorded on the client’s file in line with company policy in clear and intelligible English.
- Collect and collate information and data about (and from) the client in accordance with the principles of ‘know your client’ and company policy and ensure all the required compliance documentation is present and correct.
- Working with the Financial Adviser you will discuss the client’s objectives, identifying and obtaining the information necessary to compile the financial report.
- Liaise with product providers and other third parties to acquire additional information that may be required in order to assess the client’s needs and to formulate recommendations.
- Assist in identifying areas for planning and sourcing solutions suitable to meet the client’s needs and objectives. This will include assisting in the preparation of tax calculations where necessary.
- Obtain information, quotes, illustrations and product details, and provide comparisons for analysis.
- Prepare suitability letters and reports for approval by the Financial Adviser in line with company policy and prepare associated accompanying documentation as required. This will include the pre-completion of documentation ready for clients to check and sign.
- You may at times be required to assist and provide support with administrative functions, for example: new business processing, income matching, collating and providing management information and organising future planning meetings with the client on behalf of the Financial Adviser.
- You will commit to continuous personal development, keeping knowledge up to date and retaining supporting records for review.
It is important that the Financial Advisors and Administrators work well together as a strong team, offering assistance to clients irrespective of whether or not the Financial Adviser is available. You may be expected to cover for colleagues who are absent.
Education, Qualifications & Training
Essential Financial Services Experience, Desirable (or working towards)
- Certified Financial Planner Certification
- Level 4 Diploma for Financial Advisers or working towards this qualification, currently holding a minimum of IFS Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics paper or equivalent Technical knowledge may be validated from time to time through internal assessment.
- Understanding of the Financial Planning process
- Able to work within defined business processes
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Prioritise and plan own workload
- Detailed and accurate
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Good IT skills
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team