Senior Development Project Manager – Residential Development
From £75,000 + car & package
Tempest Jones are retained by one of the largest not for profit Developer and Asset Management organisations playing a major role in the UK housing market. They are using their experience, scale and financial strength to deliver new homes and communities across the country. These are at a range of price points and tenures from private sale to social rent. Any profits generated are invested back into social purpose.
Recently they have created their own private development company which delivers and markets homes for private sale and leads on land acquisition. They also have a strong track record on regenerating existing estates and breathing new life into communities. Over the next 5 years as part of their major mixed-use development programme across England, they will be close to a million square foot of retail and commercial assets ranging from, community centres and regeneration projects to start up retail and Grade A office units in central London.
The main purpose of the SDPM role is overseeing Project Management, Design Management, Cost Planning, and integration of the same, and all design/technical consulting, build ability and other pre-construction services necessary input to enable a development brief to be converted into a design brief and ultimately a design and de-risked solution that can be guaranteed and delivered by the preferred contractor within approved commercial assessment, budget, time, brief and planning requirements.
Will ensure adherence to a process that does not allow buildings to progress through any sign off gates (planning, sales, leasing, budget price, contract price etc.), without being confirmed as deliverable, in line with vision, brief and business plan / commerce assessment. This role represents the disciplined conscience that restores balance to scheme development and facilitates the resolution of the many competing drivers that pull against the completion of a scheme meeting all of its hurdles.
To liaise and work closely with the Pre-construction team (principle/main contractor) to ensure the development/project is set up to be seamlessly delivered in line with the agreed deliverables such as cost/budget, time and quality.
The role represents the glue between the Development and Construction process.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Project Management; this role is also the bridge between Regional Director of Project Management and the Project Managers/Assistant Project Managers. The candidate will be able to step in and assist the Regional Director to carry out management duties, have a view on strategic goals and will be able to deputise for the directors.
– Preferred Chartered Member of RICS or CIOB or other relevant membership/qualification.
– Relevant experience with a contractor, developer, house builder or consultant leading general project preconstruction activities or a significant part of it across a variety of procurement types with scheme values averaging £50m, up to £200m.
– Ability to interpret bids received in order to report commercial comparisons.
– A sound working knowledge of development commercial appraisals.
– Significant experience in commercial procurement, contract and supply chain and 3rd party management including the use of frameworks.
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to a wide variety of audiences
– Understanding of real time reporting and interrogation of programming activities during the complete lifecycle of development
– A pragmatic and critical approach coupled with a commercial awareness, attention to detail and high standards are essential prerequisites
– You must be a self-starter with foresight, a determination to succeed and have a task driven attitude.
– Experience of managing both internal and external teams, contractors and other stakeholders.
– Experience of staff, programme and workload management.
– Sound knowledge of urban planning and a history of negotiating with Local Authority planners.
– Experience of overseeing multiple projects of a complex nature in both technical and deal structure.
For the right candidate they can offer an extremely competitive salary, along with generous car allowance, bonus, family health cover, excellent pension scheme and flexible holidays system.
This is an exciting time to join the company in its time of expansion, despite the ongoing pandemic, that not only offers you the opportunity to develop your career but also offers the chance to develop your personal goals within a good work life balance environment.
Apply now by submitting your CV or contact John Tempest at Tempest Jones.