Join AECOM's Nuclear Power and Decommissioning team to help us respond to the world's energy challenges. We offer the opportunity to work with a diverse pool of industry-leading clients, to learn from global experts, to be part of an inclusive and diverse workforce and to receive a range of fantastic benefits.
In our established Nuclear teams in Warrington and Cumbria, we are looking for an experienced Structural Engineer, ideally with experience of working within the nuclear sector, or other regulated and quality assured system to work on some of the most high-profile nuclear power stations in Europe.
AECOM is helping our clients deliver safe and sustainable energy to populations across the globe. Our nuclear power team are part of this solution, providing technical services that span across the whole nuclear fuel life cycle, from inception to decommissioning.
The successful Senior Engineer candidate will ideally have experience of working within the Nuclear Sector, new build and decommissioning projects, in roles reliant upon professional engineering expertise and judgement. You may also have a record of successful delivery, including positions influencing professional engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
Within the role you will:
- Deliver nuclear design work on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas.
- Work with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
- Assist with the management of the projects delivery.
- Assist and mentor team members to promote their technical and professional development.
- Bachelor Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Ability to prepare design work in a wide variety of construction materials, with minimal supervision.
- Experience of Civil Engineering plant and equipment for application in Civil / Structural Engineering Design.
- Knowledge of design guides, laws, regulations, processes and procedures appropriate to Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Competent in the specification of work and also the interpretation and application of results.
- Engineering experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery, including positions influencing professional engineers and guiding technical personnel in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
- Knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, IT Software.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Have a working knowledge of European and American Standards would be advantageous.
- Approaching Chartership or holding Chartered Engineer status (MICE or MIStrucE).
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Structural
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 244312BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Apply for this job