57,444 P.A. ?
|Company:||Euromoney Institutional Investor|
At NextGen, we're building the future of information services: transforming our portfolio of B2B publishing brands into a modern, global information business.
Our business serves professionals across the financial and professional services sector, covering markets such as banking, legal, and insurance. We are a highly diversified business with services that support clients' market intelligence, business development, and workflow solutions, and over 70% of our revenue is recurring. Across NextGen, we have over 600 colleagues located in three main hubs, and customers in over 150 countries.
Our business is transforming as we seek to retain the relevance our brands have within the markets they serve, while also taking advantage of our scale to deliver better results for our customers and shareholders. This means laser focus on responding to our client's needs for specialism, while also building common tools and functions that allow us to meet customer's needs better.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial culture – enabling creative, action-oriented, and knowledgeable professionals to do their best work. We also believe in autonomy, accountability, passion, and a sense of humor.
NextGen is part of the Financial and Professional Services division of Euromoney Institutional Investor, an international business-information group listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 250 share index. For more information on the company and our strategy, please visit: https://www.euromoneyplc.com/about-us.
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Head of Sales reports to the Commercial Director for Banking and Corporate. The role manages a set of clients, with specific project, monthly, and quarterly targets for our Accreditation and Marketing Services revenues. These targets will be achieved through developing a sales strategy which will look to increase existing spend and identifying new business. The role has significant weighting toward personal sales but the successful candidate will also be expected to work closely with the regional sales teams to identify new opportunities. (S)he will be responsible for managing the sales process for customers and prospects for Euromoney Insights Data products.
3. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hit/exceed revenue targets on a quarterly and annual basis for the portfolio of Euromoney’s Insight products
• Manage and grow revenues from key client accounts, whilst prospecting for new business - effectively communicating Euromoney’s value proposition, technical offering and process
• Develop and implement growth and sales strategy for all Insight products in key regions – EMEA, APAC and America’s
• Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities and other internal teams on marketing materials
• Understand the competitive landscape and market trends of various Financial Institutions and extract insights for product development/evolution
• Responsible for managing the sales forecasting process
• Developing SalesForce usage to help with sales planning and managing the sales process for consistency of service
• Client and prospect management through SalesForce
• Working closely with the Head of Research and Commercial Director to develop new products/revenue streams
• Maintaining a live client relationship database that shows: “real-time” sales, pipeline progress (status/value), and captures the reason for renewal cancellations and new bus lost
• Accurately reporting and forecasting progress to sales management on a regular (weekly), ongoing basis
4. KEY INTERFACES
• Euromoney Publisher and BD Managers
• Banking & Corporate Commercial Director
• Euromoney Awards editor and researchers
• Banking & Corporate Head of Product Marketing
• VP, Revenue
• Managing Director of Accreditation & Marketing Services, NextGen
5. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (essential)
• High standard of English (written/spoken) and numeracy
• Excellent presentation and telephone sales skills
• Confidence to deal with senior-level influencers, budget holders and decision makers
• Intellectual and professional curiosity for business development within the banking/finance, capital markets sector
• Entrepreneurial instincts
• Excellent organisational skills (especially time management)
• Adaptable approach to working – both team player and independent worker
• Tenacious sales approach while maintaining professionalism in client relationships
• Proficient understanding of Excel; Word; and Outlook
• Familiarity with Qlik or similar data visualisation tools
• Experience of CRM systems (esp. Salesforce)
• Familiarity with Google Analytics
• Can present complex technical information in a clear and succinct manner
• Experience of selling to financial services
• Experience of selling to senior clients i.e. Managing Director level (in banking).
• Proven ability to influence across a complex organization with multiple stakeholders
• Experience of selling research and/or data lead sales
• Proven ability to effectively interpret, communicate and have an in-depth understanding of the product being sold. This includes a clear grasp of the target market and users of the product.
• Excellent questioning and listening skills
• High levels resilience and ability to overcome objections
• Ability to work quickly to deadlines, delivering high quality outputs.
• Highly collaborative team work skills
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: