Signant Health is a company focused on creating technology and innovations that support clinical research. Our team members are a part of the most exciting business and technology sector in the world. Signant's technology powers virtual clinical research around the globe.
The Software Developer I creates, enhances and maintains business applications to support Signant business needs. Working under the direction of Technical Lead, Team Lead and/or Software Development Manager this position implements assigned coding modules, performs unit testing, and documents their work according to accepted quality principles and supports testing.
**This is a home-based/remote positiong anywhere in the UK.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develops and maintains application components.
- Working with Business System Analysts (BSA) , gains an understanding of the business requirements for assigned tasks.
- Working with Technical Lead, Team Lead and/or Software Development Manager gains an understanding of design patterns, principles and standards to be followed in implementing assigned tasks.
- Understands and follows all coding standards.
- Creates robust, well documented code
- Creates database objects as required.
- Completes unit testing and peer review documentation as required.
- Working with development team, integrates implemented code and database objects into release application. Performs smoke testing for released application as required.
- Supports all phases of testing by efficiently diagnosing and resolving defects.
- Responsible for configuring client specific systems using configuration tools.
- Efficiently and effectively diagnoses and resolves defects.
- Identifies areas of the application impacted by the resolution and works with BSA and/or Software Test Engineer to define test cases required for the resolution.
- Completes all required change control documentation including updates to design and other technical documents as required.
- Deploys resolution to testing and production environment as required.
Quality System Responsibilities
- Performs all work in accordance with documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Working Instructions.
- Adheres to Good Clinical Practices (GCP), 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulatory requirements as required.
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical major.
- Demonstrated experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelors Degree.
- One to four years’ experience professionally developing software.
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, MySQL or other relational databases including stored procedures, views and triggers
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services or other reporting tool
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, C#, ASP.NET
- Web page design
- Windows application design
- Object Relational Mapping (OR/M), MVC, MEF, Unity Framework, and Dependency Injection (DI) is a plus
- Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe, Subversion or other source control product
- Experience estimating development and support tasks
- Familiarity with 21 CFR Part 11 or experience in a regulated environment desirable.
- Dedication and commitment to promote diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in all work activities
- Ability to collaborate in diverse teams to foster productive outcomes.
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete high quality technical documentation.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills, procedures and approaches.
- Ability to meet established timelines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment; establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas.
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work.
At Signant Health, accepting difference isn’t enough—we celebrate it, we support it, and we nurture it for the benefit of our team members, our clients and our community. Signant Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.