Teledyne Defence & Space (a business unit of Teledyne Aerospace & Defence Electronics UK) provide enabling technologies for industrial growth markets. We have evolved from a company that was primarily focused on aerospace and defence, to one that serves multiple markets that require advanced technology and high reliability.
Teledyne Defence & Space (TDS) can offer fully integrated SwAp-C EW solutions, MFA’s and fully operational RWR systems. With unrivalled RF & MW application knowledge we have experience of creating innovative solutions for the most challenging applications.
We also specialise in integrated frequency conversion and filter products for satellite payloads and have been selected to supply Flexible Channelisers to OneWeb for its satellite payload system designed to provide low earth orbit broadband internet access worldwide. TDS are also proud winners of The Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2019: International Trade and The Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2020: Innovation.
- RF, Analogue and Digital alignment, test, verification and final acceptance test of products to pre-determined specifications.
- Fault-finding, analysis and diagnosis of non-working electronic devices down to component level and the reporting of root cause and failure mode following Teledyne company procedures.
- Follow, maintain and uphold all Company Operating Procedures, Quality Instructions and associated policies.
- Using and maintaining various types of electronic testing equipment (e.g. network analysers, spectrum analysers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, analogue and digital meters and PC’s
- Reporting and documenting technical problems to Operations Support Engineers and Design Engineers in a clear and precise fashion.
- Recording faults and issues in line with TD&S procedures
- Completion and collation of Production Inspection Records, Acceptance Test Reports, Non-conformance reports, rework records, Bills of Materials, log books and other production documentation.
- Adherence to formal reporting procedures to facilitate the communication of progress to all members of the operation team.
- Ensure the smooth handover of test activities during shift changes.
- Environmental screening of electronics products to meet with military specified conditions (e.g temperature tests, vibration tests and temperature cycling)
- Build and repair of interface equipment.
- Adherence to security measures when working with sensitive material.
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean, tidy and free of ESD hazards at all times and ensure all planned maintenance responsibilities are carried out.
- Actively contribute to and support Kaizen and brainstorming activities on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for and contributing to continuous improvement activities both individually and as part of the team.
- Responsibility for the support of 5S and other lean manufacturing initiatives both individually and as part of the team in line with the Teledyne Production System.
- Teledyne Inc Core values adherence and training, targets for Operational Excellence OPEX
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by a member of Operations management.
- Understanding of electronics/RF Systems and behaviours
- Experience of using electronic/RF Test equipment
- Experience of Leading/Supervisor in a test environment
- Appreciation of fault finding
- Experience of writing technical reports on outputs
- Good interpersonal skills with good oral & written communications