Plumbing Facilities Technician
Location: ICON, Altrincham WA15
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. Our primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. THG owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit a Plumbing Facilities Technician to carry out day to day maintenance requirements for reactive, quoted and planned tasks. The Plumbing Technician will be expected to complete various tasks including handy man, plumbing, building works, fire alarm testing, HVAC filter cleans. The Technician will also be required to carry out compliance inspections and regulatory inspections against the building’s infrastructure and on-site assets.
- Carrying out Planned Preventative and Reactive maintenance
- The repair and servicing of onsite assets
- General repair and maintenance of building fabric.
- Carry out plumbing / heating repairs in response to reported faults, diagnosing faults and replacing defective parts as necessary.
- Re-instate systems that have been disconnected.
- Assist in the annual maintenance programme as required including heating, servicing, searching, cleaning and replacing parts as necessary.
- Provide technical and general reports including stakeholder feedback on maintenance issues for both current and future developments. Where necessary identify areas of concern such as defects, repair trends etc.
- Keep appropriate records such as repair works undertaken, contact with residents, orders etc.
- Undertake other minor maintenance works as necessary.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork in connection with the post of Plumbing / Heating Engineer.
- Ensure that all work complies with all legal and statutory regulations along with best practice.
- Experience working as a Plumbing Facilities Technician in a warehouse / similar
- Qualified to City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 (recognised trade qualification).
- Qualified to work with Central heating, Water heaters, Cookers, Pipe work, Unvented hot water,
- Qualified Gas Safe Engineer (CCN1).
- Full clean driving licence.
- Flexible and Happy to work shifts (Pattern to be defined)
- Strong communication skills (fluent English)
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time and capable of prioritising effectively, dealing with emergencies and solving problems
- Good understanding of H & S
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation
- Ability to remain focused with a good attention to detail
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme