At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. That means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Graduate/Junior UI/UX Designer, you will help to deliver world-class customer experiences for our clients. Guide them on best practice in visual design, user experience and design development, as well as delivering design outputs of your own.
You will need to be able to:
- Work with our clients, to deliver compelling, commercially viable digital products across multiple platforms and channels. This includes both remote working and, in the future, onsite.
- Be an advocate for user experience and visual design.
- Engage closely with the client and Scrum teams to review current design processes and methods.
- Work within a high performing multidisciplinary teams.
- Supporting the creative direction and vision within our fast-growing design team.
- Help develop the design skills in the Club and client teams.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in HCI, Design or related areas of studies is preferred.
- Passion for all things digital, software AND web applications (showcasing your own portfolio of work outside of your studies is a huge plus).
- An interest or experience in UX research and related disciplines such as interaction design, service design and content design.
- Related professional work experience; ideally one-year work placement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
It’s helpful if you also have:
- Knowledge of Figma, Sketch or similar prototyping tools and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- The ability to flex between UX and visual or creative design if required.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us., Wand we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.