26,090 P.A. ?
Graduate Algorithm Developer
This is a great opportunity to join the R&D Team of a leading supplier of vehicle routing and scheduling solutions. The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, continuing to shape and develop the core Routing, Scheduling and Mapping algorithms for the Paragon suite of products, which support business critical systems for a varied and extensive worldwide customer base.
You will be working with one of our in-house Product Development SCRUM teams, designing and developing software that is used to plan vehicle movements for complex logistics operations around the world.
The successful applicant will have a passion and interest in computational algorithms, this is more critical than specific programming language expertise. We will consider graduates and also individuals with relevant computational algorithm work experience.
Skills and Requirements:
· A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject for example Computer Science or Mathematics.
· Experience and interest in complex problem solving for example:
· Experience in computer programming with C# or other language would be advantageous but not essential, we will put the right candidate through intense training as required.
· The ability to communicate effectively with other members of the team
· A person self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
· Knowledge / experience of Machine learning might be useful for future initiatives - this is not a mandatory requirement for the role.
Aptean pledges to promote a company culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are central. We are committed to applying this principle as we interact with our customers, build our teams, cultivate our leaders and shape a company in which any employee can succeed, regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, sexuality and gender identity, religion, disability, age or any other group status protected by law. Celebrating our diverse experiences, opinions and beliefs allows us to embrace what makes us unique and to use this as an asset in bringing innovative solutions to our customer base.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: