|Salary:||10.00 per hour|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Yard Person / Relief HGV Driver to join our team in Newport. The role is offering a competitive salary and range of fantastic benefits
Huws Gray Group are a fast-growing company and since the formation in 1990, have developed from a single branch of 5 staff in Anglesey to over 105 branches nationwide with over 1700 staff. Our brands include: Huws Gray, Huws Gray Ridgeons, Ridgeons Forest Products, Anglia Tool Centre and Plumbstock.
Alongside our aim to be the customer’s one-stop shop for everything from below-ground drainage products to roofing materials, we pride ourselves on giving employees the training, support and opportunities they need to grow and develop, encouraging everyone to achieve their full potential
As our Yard Person / Relief HGV Driver, you would be working as part of a team, and reporting to the Branch Manager and Area Manager. You would be responsible for providing excellent customer service at all times with other duties such as
- Serving our customers politely and professionally at all times
- Unloading and loading vehicles
- Maintaining stock levels through the ordering procedure
- Keeping the yard clean and tidy
- Ensuring that the yard is a safe and secure environment
- Creating new and add-on sales opportunities
Although your main role is as a yard person, occasionally you will be required to carry out HGV driving duties as required by branch management. Your key responsibilities as a relief driver include:
- The safe and efficient operation of company vehicles
- Providing an effective and reliable multi-drop delivery and collection service to customers and other branches
- Ensuring the safe and correct loading of vehicles
- Maintaining all supporting paperwork
- Representing the company when out of the branch and when dealing with customers and the public
To fit this Yard Person / Relief HGV Driver role you will need to be:
- A good team player who can also work on your own initiative
- A good communicator
- Presentable, approachable, positive and polite
- Motivated, energetic and passionate about your work
- In possession of a valid current HGV Category C licence
- HIAB desirable In addition to holding appropriate driving licenses, previous experience in the operation of forklifts, HIAB equipment and the transport of hazardous cargo is desirable, but training will be provided in these areas, as well as the provision of training to use other mechanical handling equipment.
What will you get in return?
As a valued member of the Huws Gray Group, you will be supported by many different teams, all of whom are here to help you in delivering excellent customer sales and service to all our customers, suppliers and colleagues; and in maintaining the Company’s reputation as an employer of choice.
As an employer of choice, in return for your commitment, passion and drive, we will reward you with the following:
- Guaranteed weekly hours
- Competitive rates of pay
- Regular overtime
- Being part of a Saturday morning work rota – working every other Saturday.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to recognised public and bank holidays
- Company attendance and performance bonuses
- Company pension scheme – in line with auto enrolment.
- Career progression and personal development opportunities
- Being part of a “team” as opposed to just being a number
- Staff discounts on items purchased from any of our nationwide branches
- Death In Service
If you have the drive and passion to be a part of the successful team as our Yard Person / Relief HGV Driver and you feel that you have what we are looking for then we are looking forward to hearing off you, so please ‘Apply’ now.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: