About Illingworth & Gregory:
Illingworth & Gregory (I&G) prides itself in being a family owned, managed and principled company, delivering specialist construction services to our valued clients striving for total client satisfaction in all that we do.
We were established in 1972 and have grown and developed over four decades into a leading Regional Principle Building Contractor offering client focused solutions in Construction, Refurbishment, Bespoke Joinery, Design & Build, Minor Works, Measured Term Contracts and Management Contracting sectors.
Delivering these services via our professional management and directly employed trades teams in-house with the company’s core family values inherent in all that we do, present I&G as one of few UK Principal Building Contractors offering our clients a complete construction solutions package.
The I&G team joined Sewell Group, a regional Hull-based family organisation founded in 1876. Sewell is a multi-disciplined Group working across Construction, Facilities Management, Investment and Retail sectors, and pride themselves in being a great company to work for, and a Sunday Times Top 100 organisation.
Contract: Permanent, full time
Rate: £11.70 per hour, 42 hours per week
Reporting to the Management Team, the Joiner will be responsible for completing a variety of carpentry and joinery tasks, depending on our customer requirements, ensuring that all works completed are done so, safely, on time, and to a world-class standard.
The Joiner will also be a flexible individual, with the ability to support the wider business with additional construction and maintenance duties such as multi-skilled trade work where necessary and skilled to do so.
- Carrying our joinery work of all aspects, including but not limited to; floors, windows, ceilings, doors, installations, fitted furniture, shelving, skirting, walls and accessories such as door handles, hooks, locks etc.
- Maintain a good understanding of materials; timber, ironmongery etc.
- General maintenance and repairs to building fabric and associated equipment as necessary
- Liaise with and manage external contractors as an when appropriate to meet the needs of the business
- Appropriate waste management in conjunction with all tasks undertaken
- Communicating information to the client, wider team and management as appropriate
- Respond to changing circumstances and where necessary re-evaluate workloads in order to address emergency situations
- To complete all necessary risk assessments, work orders, requisitions, time and pay sheets and all invoices
- Communicate with customers, keeping them informed of daily activities
- Health & safety duties; ensuring that any property worked in or attended is operated in a safe and legally compliant manner at all times
- The safe use of all tools, plant and materials having due regard for own safety using Personal Protective Equipment provided and maintaining the safety of others
- Support the wider construction teams where necessary to successfully meet client needs, including; labouring, multi-skilled trade work, site cleaning and transport management
I&G is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services. As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.
Skills and Attributes
As well as fitting into the I&G family culture, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Hold a full driving licence, valid in the UK
- Previous experience working in a construction based joinery role
- Be time served or trained in CITB/City & Guilds Level 2 or above in Carpentry & Joinery
- Have a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work using own initiative but also as part of a close knit team
- Have a proactive attitude towards delivering construction works to a world-class standard
- Hold excellent communications skills and the ability to liaise with tenant groups & subcontractors
- Possess good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
- Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression
- Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked (some out of hours working may be required)
- Have working knowledge of current Health and Safety practice
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Previous supervisory skills
- Additional experience in alternative construction trades, i.e. joinery, plastering, painting & decorating
- £11.70 per hour
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Auto enrolment pension
- Access to thousands of highstreet retail discounts