At Hammond Professional Indemnity Consultants, we have a strong 20-year history of assessing our client’s professional indemnity needs. Professional indemnity insurance is increasingly important in today's business environments and sourcing the best and most appropriate cover has never been more crucial. Hammond Professional Indemnity Consultants acts on behalf of a wide range of professional businesses throughout the UK and concentrates solely on this very specialist field.
This is an exciting time to join, as we are working on developing & expanding the company. We are looking for a highly motivated, positive, friendly person to join our fast growing but close-knit team.
This is a highly rewarding role with a genuine opportunity to grow with the business and develop your career within the insurance industry.
The successful candidate will
- be involved in managing a claim from the start through to settlement, reviewing & working towards reaching decisions on the extent and validity of a claim, and checking for any potential fraudulent activity.
- use in-depth knowledge of the insurance market to service the claims needs of our customers, providing quality customer care, ensuring that all issues relating to the claims process are dealt with proactively.
As a claims handler, you'll typically need to:
- provide advice on making a claim and the processes involved
- process new insurance claims notifications
- collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim
- analyse a claim made by a policymaker to establish whether it satisfies the policy conditions
- guide policyholders on how to proceed with the claim
- identify reasons why full payment may not be made
- explain to policyholders when their claim is not covered
- monitor the progress of a claim
- investigate potentially fraudulent claims
- liaise with solicitors, as well as other legal and claims professionals, and negotiate the terms of a claim
- prepare an initial estimate of costs and then closely monitor and keep a record of costs
- get advice from external specialists, such as loss adjusters and forensic accountants, on complex cases
- ensure fair settlement of a valid claim
- ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
- handle any complaints associated with a claim
- manage all administration aspects of the claim
- adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
Skills & Behaviours
- A commitment to providing good customer service
- Excellent communications skills; written and oral communication
- Excellent & confident telephone manner
- Ability to develop effective working relationships externally and internally
- Embrace innovative approaches towards work
- Focused, driven and motivated to achieve company’s goals
- Attention to detail
- Professional and responsible
- Patient and tactful towards all stakeholders & colleagues
- Energetic, outgoing and confident
- Enthusiastic & supportive team player
- Honesty and a fair and consistent approach to your work
- Embrace feedback & opportunities to learn & develop
- LLB LAW & experience in working in the legal field
- Cert CII qualified or be willing to study for this qualification
- Effective IT/ PC skills which includes working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
At Hammond Pi, we will support candidates with ongoing Training & Development.
- This is a permanent position (subject to completion of a successful 6-month probationary period)
- This role is based in an office in Manchester.
- Part Time hours will need to cover Mon - Fri 8.30am to 5.30pm [fixed working pattern with a minimum 4 hours per day]
- May be required to travel for work within the UK.
- Salary national min wage + dependent upon experience