AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A New vacancy for a Test Engineer (Verification and Validation) within Cyber Security has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport.
Reporting into the Test Manager you will be responsible for executing allocated Test Environment Work Packages within the agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
This role has been created due to an expansion of the business and an increase in Test effort. You will be employed in a multi-disciplined project team, working closely with Software and Hardware teams in an open office environment.
As the successful Test Verification and Validation Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing test cases to demonstrate suitability of complex products and/or systems for the Cyber Security market place.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- The Verification and Validation Test Engineer is responsible for specifying, performing and documenting Verification and Validation tests for allocated elements of the product development test strategy, by:
- Performing in-house and/or external testing for complex Cryptographic and or Key Management Systems.
- Documenting the tests and test results for allocated area of responsibility
- Verification and Validation specifications, procedures, schedules and reports are produced, demonstrating appropriate test coverage.
- Appropriate tools and techniques are used to integrate, qualify, verify, validate and accept equipment to Airbus Defence & Space standards and to customer specifications.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience (including proficiency):
- Must have experience of formal Verification and Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
- Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
- Able to carry out Verification and Validation tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
- TCP/IP network configuration and test
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Secure Communications Systems
- Secure Cryptographic Communications Network Devices
- Experience and working knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Automated Test Experience
- Integration/test of database systems (e.g. Oracle/SQL)
- Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
- Black box software testing
- EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
- ISTQB Software Test qualified to at least Foundation Certificate standard
- CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.