We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleTechnology and Cyber Risk ManagerOverview
Responsibility for championing technology, security and resilience risk, internally and at a senior management level in support of the UK Financial system.
Maintain and develop the enterprise -wide risk management framework within Vocalink Mastercard across the end-to-end business processes ensuring:
• Business owners identify and monitor all material risks and associated action plans;
• Independent assessment of the effectiveness of the control environment and application of the risk framework;
• Senior Management and Board visibility of the firm’s material resilience, operational and business risks, ensuring they form part of the wider strategic and commercial decision making processes;
• Accountable directly to the VP of Risk Management.
• Working in the second line of defence you will partner with the first line to develop balanced risk-taking within the organization by promoting positive behaviours and a culture of openness.
• Represent Technology and Cyber Risk at appropriate meetings and deputise for the VP Risk Management where required.
• Provide risk briefings to the CRO ensuring risks, issues and appetite breaches are monitored and escalated thoughtfully.
• Develop effective control frameworks based on industry best practices such as NIST, COBIT, and ISO27001, which adapt to meet changing regulatory landscapes and technical environment changes e.g., Cloud hosting and migration, data sovereignty legislation etc.
• Liaise with and support the risk and control owners to resolve any questions, queries and problems relating to ISAE3000 and scheme requirements which may occur during the audit as well as in the pre and post audit stages.
All About You
• Knowledge of risk management principles and the interrelationships of 3LoD
• Enthusiastic about technology and Cyber Security including tracking industry trends
• Understanding of key technology frameworks and standards such as ITIL, COBIT, NIST etc
• Confidently develops trusted relationships with peers and senior stakeholders
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Analytical and can work with data
• Able to plan and adapt quickly to changes in priorities
• Discretion and confidentiality is essential
• A strong command of the English language both written and verbal
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.