Equities STS - QIS Volatility Structurer - VP, London
Goldman Sachs & Co.
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are part of the Systematic Trading Strategy (STS) team. The STS team develops systematic investment strategies for our clients. Our sub-team, the STS Volatility team, is focused on developing option based strategies such as systematic option selling and/or systematic option buying strategies.
You will be part of the STS Volatility team and hence focus on researching new strategy ideas and working with sales & clients to come up with customized solutions for them. Once an idea is developed and/or a client has decided on a specific solution for them, you will also work on the implementation of the strategies in combination with the STS legal and trading strat team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced professional that has some background in options and ideally in developing systematic trading strategies already.
- Strong academic background with MS/PhD degree; ideally in quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics, financial mathematics
- Strong motivation to turn research into commercial impact
- High standards for research work quality, high level of rigor and discipline
- Intellectual curiosity, demonstrated interest in quantitative trading, market structure and behaviour/li>
- Team player, learning from others as well as sharing knowledge, desire to keep improving communication effectiveness
- This person will hold a key front-office role responsible for developing, maintaining and documenting systematic strategies and indices for investors in systematic strategies, with a particular focus on option-based strategies.
- Coding skills
- Experience in quantitative strategies/alternative risk premia
- Multiple (European) languages
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world. We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers . We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved. Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job ID 2021-72298
Schedule Type Full Time
Level Vice President
Division Global Markets
Business UnitEQ Franchise Sales Strats
Employment Type Employee