Are you an experienced Ground Worker looking for a new challenge? If so then Murphy Group is keen to hear from you, we have multiple opportunities with immediate starts across the London area to work on the Thames Water Project. Working as the Ground worker/Pipe Layer or in a deep drainage gang you will assist with groundworks on site and will be involved with a range of duties from pipe laying, concreting, Deep Drainage and Street works etc.
Our Water Business is operating nationally providing world-class infrastructure solutions to Thames water, United Utilities, Severn Trent, HS2, Bristol Water, South East Water, Wessex Water and Sutton & East Surrey Water. The Water Business has an annual turnover of c. £200 million. The Projects covered will span a wide range of water work including: pipework, tunnelling, reservoirs and pumping stations, Water mains build and maintenance, water and wastewater treatment facilities, civil engineering, installation and general maintenance.
• To undertake assigned activities under the direction of the Supervisor or Team Leader.
• Be enthusiastic & committed to the team’s purpose and share responsibility for performance. Ensure all work is completed to the appropriate levels of safety, quality & cost.
• Producing the deliverables/products to agreed specifications.
• To take care of any safety equipment / tools provided and ensure they are used correctly.
• Work as part of a team & contribute towards successful communication & positive.
• Previous Groundwork experience is essential in some or all of the following areas:
• Deep Drainage
• Pipe Laying
• Highways & Street works
• Valid CSCS card – essential
• CPCS/ NPORS Dumper – preferable but not essential