Based Omega, Warrington, WA5 3TP / Manchester HQ
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations are at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
THG is looking to recruit a Packaging Technologist who will be based at our main Manufacturing site in Burtonwood, Warrington and also spend time at HQ, to deliver improvements in quality, innovation and commercial benefit for packaging of our leading Wellbeing and Nutrition brands.
- Provide expertise to lead problem solving and resolve packaging issues/quality concerns.
- Deliver Packaging projects from concept to go live including managing factory trials.
- Advise and Manage Technical aspects of packaging development process
- Work with the NPD/Marketing team to ensure we have full understanding of brief and support as required to meet the product criteria.
- Help to define packaging testing protocols for NPD launches (compatibility, functionality and transit)
- Structural assessment, sample sign off and creating packaging specifications.
- Evaluation of initial designs with the Procurement, Marketing and NPD team to ensure what is presented can be reproduced. Highlight tooling and decoration limitations and advise alternatives/amendments.
- Review of developed artworks to verify compliance with business requirements.
- Sign off and approval of technical drawings for commissioned packs.
- Advise buying teams on manufacturing processes for packaging to ensure best aesthetic fit can be attained.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of packaging innovation developments with packaging suppliers.
- Challenge and manage suppliers to deliver the required standards.
- Identify high risk formulation/packaging and assess testing with suppliers. Sign off of testing that fall outside of criteria but within commercial tolerance.
- Monitoring packaging impact on operational processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with the product and manufacturing teams to ensure a seamless process.
- Reporting of compliance data for all packaging initiatives.
To be considered for this role you should have
- Experience and a good understanding of food packaging
- Experience and a good understanding of packaging solutions specific to retail and ecommerce
- Experience delivering NPD on packaging across different packaging substrates
- Knowledge of packaging production processes and of decoration and print processes.
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible attitude
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
Unfortunately because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, we are sometimes unable to respond to every application. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days of applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further. THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.