Corin is seeking a CNC Operative (Double day shift ) to set and operate the CNC machines in order to maximise productivity and ensure quality. The CNC Operative will work on metal (Cobalt chrome and titanium predominately) and plastics.
Corin is a medical device business with innovative robotically assisted platforms for joint replacement surgery. Corin offers a unique combination of clinically proven hip & knee solutions and world leading technologies, our OMNIBotics & OPS systems utilize intelligent instrumentation to give surgeons the ability to perform patient-specific procedures with high accuracy, with more consistent results and improved recovery rates. Our worldwide manufacturing plant is based in Cirencester, Gloucestershire which is where we make the hip and knee implants.
This role will either be a double day shift in the week (20%)
The key responsibilities of a CNC Operative are to;
- Operate and when proved competent would set some of the following CNC Machines for hip and knee implants or Instrument manufacture: - Robo-Mills, 2-Jaw Lathe, C-Axis Lathe, Doosan simple turning (Trunnions & Pegging), Mills threading (Tibias & Femurs), Mazak basic operating & checking, Wire / EDM, operating grinder.
- Carry out all quality checks on products produced on the CNC Machines.
- Work to Corin’s Health & Safety procedures,
- Liaise with immediate Supervisor to ensure adequate resources are available to meet production requirements.
- Liaise with Supervisor to ensure the equipment is maintained to Corin Standards.
- Ensure good housekeeping.
- Attend to all necessary paperwork and maintain accurate record keeping.
- All applicable procedures must be adhered to.
- Ensure correct revision of CNC programme is used.
- Adhere to Quality Management System (QMS) requirements in line with Corin’s ISO13485 QMS & Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) FDA21 CFR Part 820.
- Ensure that process & timeline requirements for Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPA) are met in accordance with Corin’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and in support of Corin’s Global Objectives for CAPA.
The ideal CNC Operative will have / be;
- Completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship or have an engineering background
- Experience in setting and operating CNC Machines
- A good standard of general secondary education
- Training in appropriate procedures (SOP’s, WI’s, STM’s)
- Internal GMP training
- Flexibility – the ability to work different shift patterns if required
You will receive a competitive salary and bonus as well as;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Excellent pension – up to 9.7% provided by Corin when you contribute 4%
- Life assurance (6x basic salary).
- Private medical insurance with BUPA for you and your family.
- Subsidised canteen and gym membership.
- Free car parking - close to Swindon, A419, Cheltenham, Gloucester and Stroud.
- Friendly and collaborative working environment
Corin is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, gender, race, creed, colour, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.