Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, insurance companies and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk.
A role in the credit sales team revolves around building and maintaining long-term relationships with our clients, be that a senior portfolio manager or an analyst just starting out. On a day-to-day basis we provide information, execution and guidance to our clients. The role, and team itself, is dynamic and by no means confined to a brief, we are an entrepreneurial team with a passion for markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Our main focuses within FICC are corporate credit markets, Investment Grade and High Yield as well as macro hedges protecting our clients’ portfolio from a downturn.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role presents the opportunity to:
- Work in well balanced and cohesive team and cover clients that consist of some of the most experienced players in financial markets.
- Work with many different arms of the firm in EMEA, Asia and Americas across the private and public sides of the business.
- Day-to-day interaction with clients on market developments, primary coverage of mid-sized accounts, sending axes, plus backing up senior sales by regularly interacting with the PMs and trading desks of our Tier 1 accounts.
- Trade execution and trade issue resolution.
- Primary Markets, taking new issue orders, updating book building process and giving allocations.
- Navigate efficiently with other sales desks, researchers, strategists, traders and all parts of the firm in order to gather market information, develop trade ideas/themes and resolve issues.
- Working with the team to craft/update trade ideas.
- Drive account opening process.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above required
- Investment banking / financial services experience with strong focus and expertise on banking sales required
- Experience of transacting in credit and Fixed income products
- Familiarity with French institutional account base
- Experience of developing sales opportunities with new and established / legacy customers
- High intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial orientation
- Experience in generating daily/weekly market comments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of corporate finance and understanding of accounting and financial statements
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and strong process orientation is essential
- Creative thinking and strong focus on problem solving
- Experience with wide range of fixed income products
- Proficiency with MS Excel and familiarity with Bloomberg, Markit Pricing or related applications
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Preferred 6 months or 1-year experience either within Sales & Trading, or Investment Banking
- French native-speaker, fluent in English
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: