We are looking for a Senior Casualty Claims Handler to join our team at here Arch.
The responsibility of a Senior Claims Handler at Arch Insurance Company (Europe) Limited relates to claims generated by Arch Insurance (Europe) Ltd in all territories. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Handle claims associated with Arch Insurance (Europe) Ltd policies.
• Provide technical leadership to the rest of the London market.
• Responsible for the delivery of a high level claims service. This involves regular communication with claims manager and underwriters
• Assist underwriters in the implementation of their overall underwriting strategy
• Manage junior team members
• Manage service providers involved in the claims function on a day to day basis
• Assis in to manage TPA’s
• Assist in the drafting of policy wordings
• Assist in legal aspects of coverage and recover.
• Adhering to the Arch Insurance (Europe) Ltd reserving philosophy and ensuring claims are reserved in a consistent and accurate manner.
• Responsibility for handling losses within senior handler’s authority levels.
• Point of referral for management, underwriters and fellow team members. Assist Underwriters, when required, on policy interpretation and wording issues.
• Supervise and train junior members of staff (both claims and underwriters)
• Deliver concise, clear and accurate reports, such as Audit Reports, Large Loss and Risk Alert Reports.
Manage external service providers
• Manage relationships with brokers, Insureds, Coverholders and third party providers
• Feedback on the performance of technical experts i.e. lawyers and loss adjusters and ensuring adherence to SLA’s
• Feedback on the performance of TPA’s
• Assisting in the training of TPA’s.
• Audit of TPA’s
Claims Strategy & Market Leadership
• Involved in the delivery of the department's business goals and objectives.
• Representing Arch Insurance (Europe) Ltd in the London market.
• Act as a market lead including strategy planning, managing market calls/meetings and the demands/expectations of market followers
• Delivery of claims tasks and projects outside day-to-day workflow
• Excellent technical knowledge of class(es) of business
• Excellent knowledge of coverage issues/policy interpretation
• Excellent Report writing skills
• Ability to communicate at the highest levels across all areas of an organisation
• Strategically minded
• Results and service focussed
• Strong influencing and decision making
• Ability to multi-task and be highly organised
• Industry experience
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in the London Market
• University / relevant professional qualifications
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: