Apply for this jobOur client is a market leader of roof-integrated solar for UK. They are looking for someone special to join the R&D team, contributing to new product development and product improvement.
• New product development from conceptual to production design
• Supporting existing products through problem solving and continual product improvement
• Creating and maintaining technical design files, e.g. drawings, specifications and Bills Of Materials
• Testing and certifications for new products or markets
• Understanding design requirements and establishing product specifications
• Designing mechanical parts in 3D CAD
• Building and testing prototypes
• Obtaining type approval for domestic and international markets
• Coordinating product launch internally and externally
• Supporting early installations of new products
• Maintaining and improving existing products
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving for existing products
• Customising existing products for new markets
• Updating drawings, specifications and BOMs
• Revising certification requirements
• Collaboration with overseas manufacturing partners
Skills and experience required:
• Experience in mechanical engineering design
• Bachelors or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject.
• Minimum of 5 years design experience, preferably in sheet metal fabrication, extrusion and high volume manufacturing.
• Experience in CAD modelling, preferably ProE/Creo.
• Practical experience in building and testing prototypes, including designing and making test rigs. Ability to use workshop tools is required.
• Experience in building and roofing construction design desirable
• Familiarity with product certification and type approval
Key words: mechanical designer mechanical draughtsman mechanical draftsman product design product designer industrial design industrial designer middleweight design mechanical design mechanical engineering mechanical engineer manufacturing engineer manufacturing engineering production engineering and design solid edge solidedge solid works solidworks autocad auto cad autodesk auto deskApply for this job