Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SM1 supervisor site and logistics to join our Rail team to work in Crawley.
What you'll be doing
As a SM1 supervisor site and logistics, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Contribute to Plan development with the Project Manager;
- Organise, attend and chair meetings as appropriate;
- Organise suppliers and sub-contractors to achieve efficient integration into the Plan;
- Populate resource schedules in line with programme requirements;
- Plan day to day requirements of the Project to produce effective use of all resources to minimise snagging;
- Carry out team briefing/debriefing of plan and task requirements, ensuring lines of command are clear;
- Manage all staff, plant, equipment and material resources effectively and efficiently;
- Undertake site management roles in accordance with Company procedures;
- Assist Project Manager in timely completion of site works;
- Identify potential contract variations to Project Manager;
- Control and implement health, safety, quality and environmental requirements;
- Responsible for staff welfare on-site;
- Monitor and control worked and un-worked hours;
- Produce reports and contribute to investigations as required;
- Operate as an effective team member;
- Identify potential process improvements;
- Motivate staff and build commitment to deliver and exceed project requirements
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Understanding of NWR Standards and the Rule Book;
- In depth knowledge of track renewals process and systems;
- Understanding of rail plant and equipment, including engineering trains;
- Understanding of rostering process;
- Understanding of Contract/sub contract requirements;
- Knowledge of Audit disciplines and routines;
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental requirements;
- Understanding of business management systems;
- Understanding of the consequence and impact of decisions;
- Site management including Site Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Assistant Site Manager, PTS & CoSS experience;
- Driving licence;
- Commercial & Financial awareness;
- Good communication skills;
- Customer focused;
- Decision making skills;
- Ability to developing Self/Others;
- Influence/Persuasion skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Planning & Organisation skills;
- Problem Solving skills;
- Results focused;
- Able to work as part of a team.
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- D32/D33 (A1/A2) Verifier;
- NVQ level 3 qualified;
- First Aid qualification;
- Leading and managing engineering projects of varying size and complexity.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.