Apply for this jobAs the Accounts Assistant/Collections role, you'll be responsible for working with the FC contributing to the development and maintenance of an efficient Credit Department. Helping to maximise sales growth whilst minimising debtor days, prior column debts and bad debts.
· To familiarise self with all credit control, accounting, quality and other relevant company procedures ensuring that there are strictly adhered to.
· Ensure customers pay within their agreed payment terms, chasing payments if necessary.
· Proactive checking and chasing of invoices, resolving customer enquiries and complaints.
· Check customer's credit and approve or deny applications based on company standards and requirements.
· Setting and controlling credit limits based on external reports and your understanding of the clients.
· Producing weekly/monthly debtors reports.
· Ensuring great relationships are established with customers, suppliers and internal colleagues.
· Advise and escalate to Assistant Controller any customers that are a potential risk.
· Assisting with Purchase Ledger when required.
· Raising Sales Orders and Reconciliation work when required.
· Raising and sending invoices and credit notes when required.
· Other duties as assigned.
The successful Accounts Assistant/Collections candidate will need to:
To be considered for this superb opportunity, you must have knowledge of the following gained through your studies, commercial experience or similar:
· At least 3 years of progressive financial/credit control experience.
· Experience of working in a multi-currency, multi country organisation.
· Sage 50/200 experience and understanding of recognised accounting systems.
· Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and be able to demonstrate experience in the production of complex spreadsheets and financial reports.
· Excellent communication skills internally and externally.
· Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands-on approach.
· Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
The business are a services agency that have offices and subsidiaries here in UK and also in several sites across Europe. Your primary collections work will be UK based but there is also a need to cover multi site and multi currency accounts.
The company are offering a great host of benefits for any aspiring Accounts Assistant/Credit Controller, a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, supportive and helpful team as well as internal development.Apply for this job