Our client aim to be the leading retirement living and care homes developer, delivering innovative solutions for later living lifestyles. Formed to provide the next generation of outstanding homes for our sister company. Offering all processes, from the land identification process, through the planning process, construction and final fit out;
Our client have a team of over 45 professionals with over 1,000 years’ experience of property development & construction who take great care in the design stages, meaning the sites have added value designed in from the outset, ensuring we can maximise the potential value of any land that they acquire. There is a requirement for an assistant site manager to be located
The role of the assistant Site Manager is to support the Senior Site Manager and to assist in the day to day management of the site and ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation and general good practices onsite.
• Comply with policies and procedures
• General Health & Safety duties including carrying out Site Inductions, completion of permits, site inspections and administration, daily diaries, monitoring of Health & safety making use of the “Fieldview” inspection software package.
• Monitoring production and progress onsite.
• Working with the Site Manager to supervise all subcontractors and trades.
• Co-ordination of Sub-contractors and material deliveries to assist the Site Manager in achieving an efficiently managed site.
• To ensure working methods are performed properly and in accordance with details.
• Liaise and work with other team members.
• Assist the site Manager in the supervision of trades and labour onsite and to work with all team members and client representatives.
• Teamwork is essential and it is expected that good relations should be maintained with internal and external personnel and statutory bodies.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
• Site based with time being spent both on the site and in the site offices.
• Normal working hours of work shall be 37.5 hours per week.
• The role is expected to be flexible in keeping with the responsibilities of the position which may involve working additional hours, occasionally at weekends, especially in order to recover lost time against programme or to meet critical deadlines. It may sometimes be necessary to recoup lost time on programmes which could result in working some additional hours.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the industry with either a technical or trade background.
• Under the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) the Assistant Site Manager will be expected to hold a gold CSCS card.
• Trade or technical qualifications such as an apprenticeship, ONC or NVQ 2/3 level in a construction related subject.