Purchasing Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Due to maternity cover, we’re looking for a purchasing administrator to join our Purchasing Department on a minimum 12-month contract which could be extended.
If you’re looking for a career within Purchasing, then we have the skills, knowledge, experience to help you grow and succeed.
Main Duties (not limited to):
- To assist the Purchasing Manager in producing supplier, plant and subcontract orders.
- Maintain and update plant register for all jobs.
- Collate invoices/delivery notes and administer through our bespoke software and post to our accounts package ensuring correct analysis for both job costings and accounts purposes.
- Deal with any discrepancies directly with our suppliers with regards to incorrect charges, damages, breakdowns, short deliveries etc
- General administration duties i.e. filling, processing, scanning
- Generating documentation from company databases and systems
- Liaising with customers and suppliers via email and telephone
- Managing customer enquiries.
- Completing, compiling and processing purchase orders
- Completing work & asset registers, plant, hire & cost schedules
- Business projects that are required on a regular basis
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Experience within a similar sector would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Willingness and flexibility to undertake other clerical/admin tasks.
- 5 or more grade (equivalent to A-C) GCSE’s
- IT Literate.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Salary: £18,000 per annum
- Location: A&F Sprinklers, Rochdale, OL112PX
- Annual Leave: 28 days per year (including bank holidays with Christmas close down)
- Hours: 08:45-16:45 Monday-Thursday, 08:45-15:00 Friday
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/92261326