Reports to: Registered manager or lead coordinator
Purpose of role
To make sure customers receive excellent quality care and support to help them to remain safe and comfortable in their own homes. A supportive and calm manner together with excellent organisational and communication skills are vital for this important role in our company.
Make sure care assistants are appropriately allocated to customers so that care is delivered on time, safely and in line with customers wishes (as agreed in their care and support plan).
· Liaise with the lead coordinator or registered manager to make sure sufficient care assistants with the right skills mix are recruited to meet the needs of the business. Arrange cover for care assistant sickness, absenteeism or holidays
· Accept, allocate and process new referrals for care and support promptly
· Process changes to customers care and support plans
· Make sure there is sufficient cover to deliver care and support on time
· Monitor the allocation of care assistants to maximise efficiency whilst supporting them to maintain an appropriate work/ life balance
· Use IT systems to allocate care assistants to provide care and support to customers. Work with Bluebird Care supervisor(s) to appropriately match care assistants to customers taking account of:
· Distribute staff rotas weekly
· In some offices, take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota. This will only be required after the post holder has received full training and has been assessed as competent to provide appropriate guidance and advice in emergency situations
· Work with the office team to maintain up to date electronic and hand written records. Use systems to record and monitor mileage and travel distances. Make sure that accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and acted upon
· Keep all information about customers and their families or representatives secure and confidential except where policy requires you to share to protect the interests of our customers
· Carry out general office duties. Prepare reports as required as required by the registered manager
· Talk to customers and their chosen representatives about their care and support taking account of different communication needs and levels of understanding
· Work with the Bluebird Care team and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services and to make improvements where necessary
· Work flexibly as part of the team and apply Bluebird Care policies and procedures at all times
This list is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required.
We are working in the office following Covid precautions which are already in place.
Weekly tests to be done.
The hours are from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
On Call either every fortnight or every three weeks.
Excellent Communication Skills
Company Pension Scheme
Opportunity for extra qualifications within Healthcare