|Salary:||£38,800 - circa £45,000Location: Glasgow, Newcastle or Leeds are ideal but we're flexible|
Business Unit: Group Credit Models, Risk
Salary: £38,800 - circa £45,000
Location: Glasgow, Newcastle or Leeds are ideal but we're flexible
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
And that’s where our Risk department come in. They provide us with a fool proof framework to make decisions that we know will keep our customers’ and investors’ money safe. They are always safeguarding our bank from an array of risks that could pop up at any moment.
As part of the Model Management team you’ll help to secure the foundations of our business decisions by providing quantitative and qualitative analysis across our model suite, providing solutions supporting the acquisition of new business, risk based account management and manage the banks’ capital across its Retail and Business portfolios.
Day to day you’ll be responsible for…
• Leading ongoing model management through model calibrations and model performance monitoring.
• Drive the redevelopment of group credit models performance monitoring suite to provide stakeholders with early warning signs of adverse risk trends and emerging risks in the portfolios.
• Provide first class model insight and recommendation papers to governance committees explaining complex outcomes in a way that all stakeholders can understand – keeping it straightforward!
• Support coaching and development of risk analysts, prioritising tasks and developing technical capabilities
• Gain support for model changes from key stakeholders both within and external to Group Credit Models.
• Deputise for your line Manager as a subject matter expert in cross function meetings and committees.
• Participate in and facilitate networks internally and across the wider Bank
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
• Experience in Banking and Risk Management, ideally in an IRB environment
• Experience in building trusted, collaborative relationships
• Experience in an environment that drives strong commercial understanding and utilises the interpretation of complex data collation and analysis to identify effective data and systems capabilities.
• Experience of leading model management activity and presenting results to senior management.
• Insatiable curiosity and ability to solve complex problems independently.
• Expertise in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS) as well as MS Office
• Excellent communication, listening and writing skills. An ability to present analysis, both written and verbally, in a clear, concise and confident manner.
• Ability to overcome obstacles, be accountable and use your initiative to do the right thing
It’s a bonus if you have ….but not essential
• Influencing skills; the ability to form arguments and to deliver them effectively
• Knowledge of the Basel Capital Requirements Regulation
• A degree in a numerate discipline subject (e.g. maths, statistics, economics etc).
• Experience of using Tableau software.
• Some coaching/mentoring experience
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials you’ll need to bring section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: