Haines Watts is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners.
Due to growth within the Swindon office, we are recruiting for an Audit and Accounts Senior to assist the Partners and Manager in delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services. The work will be approximately audit 50% and accounts 50% with a very strong emphasis on the Charity and Not-for-Profit sector.
The Audit and Accounts Senior duties will be:
- Management and delivery of audit/accounts assignments for Charity and Not-For-Profit sector, Limited Companies (including groups), Sole Traders and Partnerships from both balanced systems including cloud-based software and incomplete records
- Preparing draft corporation tax and business tax computations including supporting analysis
- Planning audit assignments, including budgeting and use of analytical review
- Taking the lead and assisting on audit assignments
- Supervising, delegating and reviewing audit work of juniors
- Delivering information and communicate with clients in a timely and effective manner
- Assisting the Manager and Partners on ad-hoc project work
- ACA/ACCA qualified/part-qualified with proven practice experience (QBE will be considered)
- Experience in the charity and Not-for-Profit sector or a desire to learn and become involved in this sector
The Audit and Accounts Senior will have the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a number of jobs, whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met
- Ideally, experience leading and/or assisting on audits including; planning, preparation and completion (training will also be provided)
- Display strong technical knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards for Auditing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail
- Display commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good experience using a variety of bookkeeping software, including cloud-based platforms such as Sage, QuickBooks and Xero. Knowledge of MyWorkPapers is preferred but is not essential.
What you can expect in return:
- Competitive and flexible remuneration package
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays. Increasing annually to a maximum of 25 plus bank holidays
- Access to excellent benefit schemes
- A relaxed working environment whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Continuous training and development of new and existing skills. CPD courses provided
- Exposure to a wide range of clients
- Career path opportunities
If you are keen to secure a progressive Audit and Accounts Senior role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply.