|Salary:||£52,700 - circa £65,000Location: Leeds, Newcastle or Glasgow are ideal but we're flexible|
Business Unit: Personal Models, Credit Risk
Salary: £52,700 - circa £65,000
Location: Leeds, Newcastle or Glasgow are ideal but we're flexible
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
And that’s where our Risk department come in. They provide us with a fool proof framework to make decisions that we know will keep our customers’ and investors’ money safe. They are always safeguarding our bank from an array of risks that could pop up at any moment.
As part of the Personal Models team you’ll help to secure the foundations of our business decisions by providing quantitative and qualitative analysis across our model suite, providing solutions support the acquisition of new business, risk based account management and manage the bank’s capital across it’s unsecured portfolios.
The core role of our Leaders is to deliver the very best performance through their people by keeping our Purpose, Strategic Aims and Values & Behaviours at the heart of all they do.
Day to day you’ll be responsible for…
• Leading project teams of highly technical modelling specialists capable of highly analytical workloads and complex model designs
• Managing multiple complex model development projects and analyses; delivering the scoping, design, development, validation and implementation of personal models, in line with Bank standards and regulatory compliance requirement
• Ownership and responsibility managing the relationship with the model management team to ensure the performance of the personal models are understood and to identifying model enhancements,
• Supporting model management to ensure an appropriate and insightful end to end current and emerging model risk summary is captured through the governance framework, develop and remediate the personal model landscape to ensure effective risk management and capital allocation.
• Providing subject matter expertise on modelling, model use and management expertise on all unsecured projects.
• Deputising for the Personal Model Manager at senior stakeholder and committee meetings
• Supporting the team and individual development and enhancing core capabilities/processes
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
• Significant experience in Banking and Risk Management, ideally in an IRB bank
• Exceptional understanding of the techniques, principles and applications of credit risk scoring
• An analytical mind set and logical approach to problem solving allowing for the understanding and resolution of complex issues
• Extensive experience of model development projects across multiple retail credit portfolio's
• An aptitude for interpreting regulation (e.g. CRR, CRD IV)
• Experience in an environment that drives strong commercial understanding and utilises the interpretation of complex data collation and analysis to identify effective data and systems capabilities.
• Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills with the ability to keep the complex simple as you tell the story
• Strong communication skills with the ability to tell a compelling story, persuade, influence and communicate complex messages clearly across all levels across the organisation.
• Insatiable curiosity with a desire to challenge the status quo, think outside the box and make Smart Disruption a reality.
• Proven track record of delivering large complex projects on schedule and to the required standard
• Ability to think in a strategic manner and take the longer term and wider business view into consideration
• Ability to quickly understand the commercial drivers and technical issues underpinning products.
• Ability to lead project teams and demonstrate a track record of success in model and scorecard development
It’s a bonus if you have…but not essential
• Experience in using persuasive arguments to influence key stakeholders.
• Detailed knowledge of IRB and related regulatory regime (CRR, CRD IV, SS11/13) or other regulatory requirements.
• Experience dealing with the Regulator in terms of answering queries, facilitating the annual attestation or managing actions.
• Knowledge of Stress Testing and Economic Capital.
• Advanced knowledge of time management, people leadership and resource utilisation.
• Knowledge of established and emerging industry practices to bring to the table.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials you’ll need to bring section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: