Busy Bees in Cheam are looking for a Senior Nursery Room
Manager / Senior Nursery Nurse to join our Team working Full Time
(40hours per week)
The top 5 Reasons to join us!
- Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity
to gain further qualifications, Virtual
learning and career progression opportunities
Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early
years learning programme
Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal
Global exchange programme (short term secondment to
Our nursery is a purpose built two story building situated in North
Cheam, within easy reach of both Worcester Park and Cheam train
stations. Bus routes are available from right outside the nursery that
take you to both Sutton, Morden and Kingston ( routes 151,93.213 and X26)
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK's largest
childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK.
To give every child the best start in life
Deliver high quality childcare & Exciting opportunities for
learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for school
As a Senior Nursery Room Manager you will be the 3rd in charge of the
setting, hold keys and step up in the absence of the Assistant
Manager. You will also manage a team of individuals and will guide and
support them by role modelling your knowledge and best practice.
Here is a snapshot of what your role will include:
Care: We take care very seriously
- As a manager of a team you have overall responsibility for your
room and staff within it, ensuring they are performing to the
- As a keyworker, you will ensure every individual child's needs are met.
- Speak Up against practices that don't support safeguarding or our
Service: We are an integral part of a parent's support network
- Get to know the families at the setting to create a trusting
rapport with parents and be able to manage parental
complaints/concerns in an efficient timely manner.
- Support parents with any SEN/ASL needs their child has or that are
identified with respect, care and professionalism.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it's what
children and parents deserve
- Embrace and promote our Standards of Excellence in every part of
- Take pride in your teams planning observation and assessment procedure.
- Train your team and organise training/meetings to keep them up to
date on business changes and best practice.
- Challenge any behaviours or practices that go against Busy Bees expectations.
- Be a key player to ensure the nursery receives excellent outcomes
in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted,
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
- Create a setting that is clean and welcoming, with well-kept
- Ensure that children's observations are detailed, reflective and
provide developmentally challenging next steps.
- Ensure we encourage and praise children's development and achievements.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- NNEB or BTEC Nat Dip or CACHE Dip in Childcare or NVQ level 3 or SVQ
- At least 2 years previous experience working and caring for
children under 5, ideally within a nursery environment
- Previous experience of leading/managing a small team
- Passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.