Skilled Electrical Fix wire testing Team Leader needed for Large FM provider
Your new role
Your new role will be to Lead a multi-trade team to deliver A department that is compliant with all regulatory and statutory requirements required by the client, including but not limited to quality, health & safety, environmental and management of electrical testing of plant and equipment for all building services operations. You will be expected to offer maximum availability of engineering assets and equipment utilising safe, efficient, planned testing service and fault resolution. You will be the line management of the team and ensure personnel under your direct and indirect control are fully competent and trained to undertake their tasks and engage in regular communications with staff and users.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
* Develop impact assessments and general permit to works
* Perform electrical and machinery system criticality assessment; register and maintain equipment master data in EAM
* Analyse the testing and inspection data: adjust and optimize maintenance routines based on historical trends
* Review and monitor all staff and suppliers who service electrical systems ensuring they are trained and competent
* Perform routine management monitoring to measure site program effectiveness
* Co-ordination and resource collaboration for building shutdown
* Co-ordinate the update for drawings and operational manuals
* Proactive engagement in capital projects and site minor work when planning works
* Familiarisation of the building portfolio, supporting plant, systems and core business process equipment to ensure technical competency as part of the technical team
* Assistance in the preparation of estimates / quotations as required .
* Where applicable hold the responsibility for allocated work orders from receipt to completion.
* To attend technical seminars and training courses as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
* Good IT skills including Word, Excel Micro soft project and Power Point.
* A good level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
* Strong organisation, prioritisation and communication skills. Ability to work to time constraints and prioritise tasks according to the needs of the business.
* Good leadership, motivational and communication skills are required.
* Innovative and focused on continuous improvement.
* Strong customer skills are required. The ability to communicate at all levels is essential.
* Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382 -10 (18th Edition Minimum requirements)
* C&G 2391-10 Inspection & Testing, & C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification preferred but not required
* Qualified to ONC or equivalent including C&G 2400 Design , Erection and Verification of Electrical Installation
* Extensive Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution systems
* Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS * Experience in project management including: managing sub-contractor works programmes, large install and testing programme reporting
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.