Job title: Line Leader
Location: Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 1QD
Benefits: 29 days holidays (including bank holidays) with extra accrual after 2 years' service, pension scheme, long service awards, health cash back plan, cycle and motor vehicle purchase schemes, wellbeing month, language courses, free onsite parking, social events, charity events
Working Hours: 06:00 - 14:30 (5 days out of 7)
Winterbotham Darby are looking to recruit 2 Line Leaders/Machine Minders to join our fast paced food manufacturing site based in Clitheroe, Lancashire.
Prior experience in a similar role is required.
We are not located on a bus route so travel to work may need prior planning if you do not have a car.
Starting hourly rate is £9.66 with the potential to increase to £10.66 after successful training.
Skills and Experience required
- Start up the lines in the morning
- Adhere to plan and keep the production downtime to a minimum
- Use and maintain all equipment/machinery in a correct manner and report any equipment/machinery issues, escalating to the engineering team if necessary
- Liaise with engineers and supervisors with regard to lines performance and issues
- Follow the company procedures in relation to food safety, allergen control and maintain good manufacturing practices throughout the shift
- Follow clean as you go policy and high standards of personal hygiene
- Deliver high standards of quality ensuring products are produced to the customer satisfaction in line with site standards and customer specification
- Complete and submit documentation accurately and in a timely manner to ensure traceability is maintained
- Perform necessary checks to a high standard
- Lead team on a day to day basis ensuring work is covered across all areas with the team including participation in changeovers
- General housekeeping and clean as you go
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience in a high volume production environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to plan
- Problem solving skills
- Food production experience desirable
- Food and/or other related qualification advantageous
For nearly 60 years we have been supplying high-quality, chilled food produced in Europe to the major retailers and food service businesses in the UK. Since day one, our unique category insight has enabled us to identify market trends, positioning us as category leaders in a wide range of products.
- 29 Days Holidays (including bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Health Cash Back Plan
- Cycle and Motor Vehicle Purchase Schemes
- Well being Month
- Language Courses
- Free Onsite Parking
- Social Events
- Charity Events
If you wish to apply for the position of Line Leader please click 'Apply'.