Who We Are
James Fisher and Sons Plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engineering services worldwide in: oil and gas, nuclear, construction, defence, renewable energy and more.
JFD, part of James Fisher & Sons Plc, is now the world leading underwater capability provider, serving the commercial and defence markets with innovative diving, submarine and hyperbaric rescue, technical solutions and services.
The company is at the forefront of Hyperbaric Rescue, along with being the leading supplier of commercial and defence diving equipment and saturation diving systems to the commercial industry.
Our diverse range of products meet the challenges of the various diving industries in which our clients operate and we are the largest manufacturer and supplier of professional diving equipment worldwide.
As JFD’s Defence department continues to grow through the award of new contracts and internal restructuring within the JFD business, there is the requirement to grow the Project Management Organisation available to support existing Defence Service contracts, inclusive of JFD’s prestigious Submarine Rescue Service Contracts.
This role would entail the planning and delivery of tasks across multiple contracts, spanning both UK and International clients.
- Responsible for the safe management and on time delivery of projects within approved budget.
- Accurately communicate project status and performance to Head of Defence Services
- Assign and manage tasks to vendors, engineering, production and support departments
- Meet with clients to report on progress and manage issues to ensure projects are in line with client expectations
- Identify, actively manage and mitigate project risks
- Accurate reporting of project status in line with company project reporting requirements to aid in decision making
- Ensure that project related documentation is complete, accurate and in line with Quality procedures
- Manage the issue of sub-contract orders through the companies supply chain
- Manage commercial issues in projects with aligned to company procedures with commercial department
- Manage project constraints / conflicts (e.g resource, schedule demands)
- Manage project stakeholders and key relationship
- Manage change control
- Have a proven Project Management background
- An appropriate engineering / technical degree or time served trade background
- Have a sound knowledge of engineering principles + strong mechanical / electrical engineering skills
- Be comfortable working independently on complex and varied problems
- Happy with working in a small team environment and the additional responsibilities that entails
- At ease dealing directly with customers and contractors
- Comfortable with maintaining and controlling project documentation, costs and procedures
- Focused on delivering to tight deadlines and specifications
- Demonstrate sound planning techniques and process
- Capable of reacting to changes + willing to go the extra mile to deliver quality products
- Effectively identify and communicate critical tasks and key risks
- Be capable of implementing best practice process
- Implement project risk measures along with cost control
- Demonstrate sound commercial awareness on a project and subcontractor level
- Demonstrate resource scheduling, labour forecasting
- Implement budget projections, updates and outcomes
- Strong team player able to work with a range of personalities to achieve positive outcomes
- Have the desire, drive and flexibility to successfully deliver within a challenging environment
Who we are looking for
- Familiar with international Quality and Safety standards
- Awareness of working to marine and defence standards
- Subsea/offshore/defence background
- Previous experience of commercially sensitive projects + the security aspects this entails
- Be flexible and available to travel worldwide in support of project activities.
- Full clean driving licence
- Would hold existing, or be able to obtain SC level clearance.
Contract Type - Permanent / full-time
Location - Inchinnan
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.