Senior Health and Safety Officer - Permanent - Flint - FMCG Manufacturer
I am excited to represent a large FMCG Global Manufacturer based in Flint who are looking for a Senior Health & Safety Officer to join a talented team.
The purpose of the role is to assist the Group Safety Manager in evaluating and developing current and future safety systems, creating a safety culture within the business.
Your role as the Health & Safety Officer will reports to the Group Safety Manager and supports the day to day co-ordination and management requirements of the department.
This role is to provide advice and information to Managers, Employees and Contractors on safety. Together with the preparation of health and safety procedures and provide assistance in policy making.
Principal health, safety and environmental functions are:-
- Participation in inspection and audit process and to drive key stakeholders to maintain an annual schedule
- Co-ordination and administration of health, safety and environmental procedures and systems
- Supporting the Behavioural Safety Programme and coaching safe behaviours throughout the business
- Assist and co-ordinate identified health and safety training requirements and manage meetings as required
- Attendance at Health and Safety Committee Meetings
- Assist and support incident investigations and Insurance claims
- Maintain the site Waste Stream Matrix ensuring licenses, WTN owners are up to date and site visits are conducted
You will need to have the following to apply:
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent qualification
Experience of working within a pressured office environment, such as FMCG or Manufacturing is preferred
Key tasks will include:
- Follow and assist in the evaluation of current safety systems updating them as required, and assisting in the timely implementation of new or changes to policies, procedures and practices.
- Keeping up to date with new and changes in legislation, that affect the business and its employees. Providing specialist advice and support to managers as required.
- Help record and investigate accident and near miss incidents, liaising with various departments and insurers as required.
- Liaise regularly with Human Resources, Occupational Health and Group Safety Manager with regards to return to work programs and accident investigations and health surveillance.
- Attend and assist with advising at safety meetings including new and on going projects
- Ensure timely display of Health and Safety information relating to recent incidents or topical safety information relevant to the site and its undertakings.
- Develop and extend current systems such as COSHH and Risk Assessment systems.
- Participation of planned audits against company policies and procedures ensuring timely follow up actions are completed to legislative and company requirements.
- Plan, assist and carry out health and safety training for all employees from time to time to ensure full compliance with both site and legislative health and safety requirements.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of records and utilise established systems to advantage.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Manager to update and work to departmental activity work schedule and statutory responsibilities.
- Assist in maintaining and abiding by standards to achieve the hygiene levels as demanded by our customers.
- The ability to produce graphs based on statistics demonstrating incident trends, audits completed and KPIs.
- Ensure that any safety initiatives are seen through to completion ensuring buy in and raising standards towards total compliance.
- The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Has the ability to influence behaviours and promote continuous improvements in safety performance on all levels within the business. Has the ability to drive the safety culture in the right direction utilising coaching and leadership skills.
- Liaising with outside contractors and suppliers to ensure standards are met and any necessary documentation is received in a timely manner prior to any works on site.
- Able to ensure the free flow of information between co-workers encouraging new ideas within a positive culture working towards zero harm.
- Dealing with inaccuracies in information - ensuring information corrected as soon as practicably possible.
- Providing support and assisting in tracing and collating information from relevant areas of the business. Supporting personal injury claims received by the business and working to identify the root cause of incidents reported.
- Take action whenever it is believed that any act, their own or others, contravenes Health, Safety & Environmental standards.
- Report all accidents, injuries, property damage and near misses utilising the appropriate company methods.
Please apply today to hear more about this great role!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91983062