Let’s help build your future by finding a home for your talent!
Vistry Partnerships is a market leader in the high-growth partnerships housing sector. The business works closely with Governmental bodies, housing associations and local authorities across its 10 regional offices. We have established a hard-earned reputation for delivery, quality and sector knowledge across all housing tenures.
In a Nutshell:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team at Vistry Partnerships Drew Smith, at our Weymouth, Dorset site. As our Site Manager you will have day to day control of the site, management and delivery of project works. We are looking for a driven individual from a solid build background to take control from the very beginning to completion.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities –
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under the strict observance of the safety policy
- Working safely, stopping work if unsafe and speaking up to address any safety concerns
- Participate in safety initiatives
- Maintain site cleanliness and presentation on site at all times
- Responsibility for the successful completion of the overall project and to lead by example in all that they do, managing the day to day delivery of construction project, quality, time, procurement, contractors
- Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress; provide direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved
- Follow Vistry site procedures and maintain all daily, weekly, and monthly site paperwork as is required to be audit compliant
- Involved with the management of internal/external design team/consultants to meet project deadlines under supervision from a Contract Manager
- Produces and regularly reviews short term programmes in line with the overall project programme (including procurement & Design & Build) to ensure completion on time under the supervision of Contract Manager
- Ensure that detailed plans are available commensurate with the overall project plan such that material/resources/supply chain can be delivered to meet scheduled deadlines
- Appreciate the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these into decision making working closely with the project Surveyor
- Liaise with Contract Manager to ensure that they are fully aware of project progress and is notified of all financial, specification and time risks ensuring that all additional work is identified
- Embrace learning and development opportunities that are available within a progressive company
- Understand and carry out the role specific requirements of procedures and help to identify opportunities for improvement
- Understand those sustainable practices relevant to your role, helping to identify opportunities for improvement
- as self-sufficient, works independently and can deliver projects with some support from visiting Contracts Manager.
- A solid `builder` that can identify problems, communicate solutions, and ultimately drive the project to completion to an agreed programme
- Be hands on, boots on site and interacting with the trades and their supervision
- Able to work on any project secured by the business within a reasonable locality. Job is site based and Reporting to Contracts Manager
- SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid, Scaffold inspection qualification
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Partnerships is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days holiday plus the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Let’s tell you a bit more about us…
The Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds – we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.
We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us within Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
Permanent - Full Time