This role is working with a large and fast paced next day delivery wholesale distribution company based in Deeside.
Shift is 2.30pm - 10.30pm - Sunday - Thursday
Your role will be to support the Shift Manager in the following and deputise where necessary:
- Ensure operational flexibility through effective training and planning to deliver high levels of service to the customer, exceeding their expectations wherever possible.
- Measure and manage productivity.
- Manage resource effectively to ensure full utilisation and efficiency.
- Interrogate any errors and work to understand root cause and address.
- Complete regular audits to ensure that processes (both operational & H&S) are being followed.
- Develop our teams both day to day and through performance and development reviews.
- Motivate and empower employees, whilst constantly seeking opportunities to improve morale and communication in the department.
- Ensure the appropriate training and development of all employees within your department takes place and that training documentation and records are kept up to date for all employees.
They are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following skills & attributes:
- A strong focus on H&S and awareness of its upmost importance, in a warehouse environment
- Experience of leading teams to successful outcomes using strong communication and interpersonal skills, handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- A result’s driven, resilient, and self-motivated approach focussed on working to and exceeding targets safely, even when faced with challenges.
- A strong commercial instinct in relation to the impact of your role and department on customers and the business.
- Proven skills in planning and organising workloads for both yourself and the department.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to solve problems. Able to produce & deliver data driven reports/presentations to management as required.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/92369640