As Overnight Security / Response Officer for East of England Co-op, you'll play an important role in keeping our businesses and amazing colleagues safe. Furthermore, you'll help to support and protect our valued Co-op Secure Response clients.
The Overnight Security / Response Officer will support the wider Security team by carrying out assigned duties; these might relate to routine tasks, or in relation to incidents which have occurred during the day, for example. Equally, the Overnight Response Officer may be required to respond to incidents and security observations themselves, as they occur.
This is an overnight position, which entails travel across the East of England. Therefore, its important you're comfortable with the working hours involved and you're a confident driver. Ideally, you'll enjoy your own company too, given lone-working is involved; however, you'll be fully supported by our 24/7 Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC), as well as our Security Management and wider Society colleagues.
* Respond to incidents and general security observations, as directed by the ARC or Security Management.
* Provide support to colleagues and clients, as well as customers, emergency services, etc., where required.
* Positively represent the Society and Co-op Secure Response in our communities.
As this role will involve regular travel across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, a company vehicle will be provided.
* Knowledge and understanding of retail security
* Flexible, hard-working and confident
* Professional and self-motivated
* Able to work alone on own initiative and also as part of a team
* Punctual, both in attendance and in delivery of work against timescales
* SIA DS and CCTV licences
* Full UK driving licence
* Happy to work unsocial hours
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme (including 10% off in our Foodstores) - these are just a few benefits of working for us! Full details can be viewed on the 'Colleague benefits' section of our website.
You will benefit from our award-winning training helping you to achieve your true potential. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we've supported lots of our colleagues through Apprenticeships and to develop into managerial and professional roles.
Working Arrangements (40 hours per week)
We promote flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss different ways of working (please indicate your availability within your application). However, the primary purpose of this role is to provide overnight support, so applicants must be comfortable with, and able to, work unsocial hours