Role: ESG Manager
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000+
Benefits: Company Car / Private Healthcare / Flexible Working
Who are Euro Garages?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What will my role look like?
We have a new opportunity available for a ESG Officer within EG Group! Given the depth and breadth of the external reporting requirements, and the importance of a comprehensive ESG policy for the overall strategic direction of the Group and value creation for Shareholders, the Group is looking to recruit an ESG officer to lead the Group’s internal sustainability strategy and external communication framework.
This role is based at our head office in Blackburn, we are open to flexible working / remote working for 2/3 days. We are also offering a company car, EG Cares benefits scheme and addtional benefits.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Lead the formulation of EG’s ESG vision, mission and operating principles together with the development and implementation of a strategy to support them
- Build out the ESG team, both direct and indirect reports, ensuring that a Group-wide, multinational approach is considered
- Developing, with the Board, the corporate approach to the Net Zero agenda
- Understand the needs of the investor and analyst community with respect to specific ESG criteria and drivers to ensure that we are positioned optimally to these stakeholders. Directly represent EG on ESG matters in discussions with investors, both on one-to-one sessions and in presentation.
- Work with key internal stakeholders, in the development of appropriate communication, reporting and verification mechanisms and metrics for ESG reporting for investors, brand partners and other stakeholders
- Lead the preparation of the Group’s Annual Group Sustainability Report, ESG web-site content, ESG profile and the required disclosures for the Group’s Annual Report and Financial Statements
- Lead and co-ordinate the completion of the Group’s ESG interactions and external ESG rating with appropriate rating agencies
- Support the preparation of materials for submission to the Board and sub-committees (as applicable)
- Compare the Group’s governance model to other comparable companies of scale ensuring that EG takes key learnings and is considered best-in-class
- Work closely with global HR teams to ensure employee considerations in key areas such as diversity and inclusion, gender pay, safety and well-being, and reward and recognition are appropriately considered
- Liaise with key suppliers and third party brand partners to ensure their ESG policies are consistent with those of EG and that an ongoing trading relationship is appropriate
- Champion sustainability throughout the business, securing and leveraging senior level commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into core processes and decision-making
- Build sustainability principles into business planning, and also regarding decisions on capital investments and operations
- Support the development of EG as an ESG leader, and seek to support additional ESG opportunities working in conjunction with both Group and divisional marketing teams
- Network with appropriate stakeholder / trade bodies and other partners in the market to increase EG’s influence and understanding of ESG initiatives
- Leverage (collaborative) funding opportunities associated with ESG
- Play a key role in the direction and activities of the EG Foundation
- Work with colleagues globally to deliver projects for ESG and related services, as required
Key competencies and experience:
- You will have an encompassing knowledge of sustainability, CSR, and wider social, environmental and governance issues, including Zero Net Carbon, ESG Strategy, environmental management, sustainable procurement and environmental compliance
- Strong technical knowledge of the ESG agenda and broader sustainability, environmental management, environmental legislation, environmental science etc. within the key markets EG operates in – being the United States, UK, Continental Europe and Australia
- Specifically, demonstrable experience across a number of the following in a corporate or consultancy capacity:
- Climate-related financial risk / opportunity impact assessment
- GHG mitigation strategies
- Science Based Targets
- Net-Zero strategy development
- Sustainability strategies / corporate reporting (ESG / CSR)
- ESG / technology due diligence
- Proven experience of policy related work in the ESG / sustainability space
- Strong understanding of ESG market drivers and challenges, particularly for listed companies in the UK
- Existing and senior level relationships with a range of relevant organisations / stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills, both internally and externally and experience building strategic relationships with key stakeholders, including up to the C-suite level
- Exceptional commercial awareness, particularly regarding link between ESG performance, corporate profile and investability
Skills and behaviors:
- You will have a financial, economics, engineering or science qualification/background with practical and management career experience, with a focus on delivering a selection of sustainability projects
- Flexible approach including a willingness and ability to work across a wide range of ESG-related topics
- Great communicator and highly emotionally intelligent, with strong stakeholder engagement skills, and an ability to build consensus amongst groups of often very different stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into appropriate language for senior management, Board Members, investors and colleagues
- Excellent numerical skills, report writing and oral presentation skills
- Effective and proactive team worker and collaborator across teams (including international team co-ordination), capable of supporting and developing peers and junior staff members
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/92377625