We are recruiting for a Design Engineer for our Shotton, Flintshire site in North Wales. Within the role, you will support our Project Engineers with a design and drawing resource to prepare engineering drawings including all relevant design codes and practices.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
* Development of the detailed design and engineering requirements from initial concepts, calculations and ideas into an engineering drawing format in conjunction with the relevant Project Engineer.
* Prepares detailed schedule of materials components and assembly information to support engineering drawings
* Ensures that design for safety is included in the development or modification to an item of plant or equipment
* Modify and update all relevant engineering drawings with approved plant modifications.
* Maintain the Tata Steel Shotton drawing database to ensure easy access to drawings to reduce plant downtime
* Take ownership, identify and implement improvements to drawing office standard SMES002 as required in line with modern technology.
* Ensure all contractors or equipment suppliers drawings are supplied as per Tata Steel Shotton SMES002 drawing office standard. All drawings are to be correctly located as per production lines functional locations. This will enable the end user to have quicker access and thus solve problems in a timely manner
* Take ownership and complete actions as per Departmental Safety Plan. Undertake Safety Walks / Audits to reduce the rate of accidents.
* Work within a Project Team of Engineers, Design Draughtsmen and other supporting functions
* Responsibility for two direct contract Design Engineers.
* Supervision of ad-hoc contractors during high demand maintenance periods as required.
* Have direct reporting responsibilities to the Senior Project Engineer and to the Manager, Site Development Projects.
Who we’re looking for?
Applicants must have self-discipline and the ability to organise, prioritise and anticipate, combined with tact, perseverance, assertiveness, and calmness under pressure and the ability to communicate effectively. You will have a professional qualification in the appropriate engineering discipline.
A comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes, process lines, associated equipment and supporting infrastructure, would be an advantage. Experience in the planning and implementation of projects. Project Procedures knowledge & experience. Risk Management systems within IMS and SAP system. Also contract supervision experience would be beneficial.
Literacy in terms of computer systems and software applicable to CAD equipment is a necessary pre-requisite. e.g. Inventor and Autocad
What we offer
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum (may vary if on particular shift pattern)
* Quarterly Bonus – subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top 10 steel producers. The combined group has an annual aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 33 million tonnes with approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
To learn more about who we are and what we can offer our future employees, please click on the link to watch the following video: https://bcove.video/3t8zLdG