Trinity has an exciting opportunity for a Site Customer Delivery Manager (MRP) to work from our Wolverhampton branch with some field based working. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will earn a competitive salary.
Trinity is a 10-year joint venture between global knowledge enterprise Enzen and Sapphire Utility Solutions. The partnership's mission is to enable Cadent, the UK's largest gas distribution network, to deliver a safer, more resilient and more sustainable gas system to communities in the West Midlands for generations to come.
Through a best-in-class operating model, digital transformation and innovative solutions in process efficiency, Trinity will replace more than 300 kilometres of assets every year for the next decade, enhancing Cadent’s mains and service network infrastructure and achieving long-term value for consumers.
To manage the Local Delivery Partners/DPS Teams in the successful delivery of the Non-Complex workstream (Tier 1) for Cadent whilst working on the Construction Management Organisation framework in the West Midlands. To provide supervision of those teams that come under your jurisdiction, from the post-concept start-up of each individual contract right through to completion in an effective and efficient manner. Staying within the remit to ensure teams are compliant in terms of HSEQ performance, delivery of the program and maintaining a clear focus on customer satisfaction, members of the public and the travelling public. To drive change in understanding and utilising Live Mains Insertion as the number one method for Tier 1 replacement ensuring key responsibilities are met. To promote and drive innovation, resulting in more efficient ways of working in order to continually improve the Trinity core values. To act as the person responsible for final project sign offs including accurate data management whilst ensuring of a right first-time mentality. To ensure technical compliance with the agreed policies and procedures.
· To act in a positive manner and create a safety culture through being proactive and consistent in your approach to site management. · Maintain and promote good communications with Local Authority Inspectors, customers and stakeholders. · Pre-start site inspections to be carried out on every project with RAMS input and push planning responsibility as part of your main duties. · Taking responsibility for CDM compliance requirements and liaising with the safety team for each project you are assigned to. · Provide advice and support to Team Leaders and their operatives through active communication during the construction phase and ensure that all team members have been allocated the correct PPE including Cadent branded flame-retardant clothing. · Ensure projects, where required, are notified in line with HSE guidance and to current CDM regulations. · You will be the first person to attend site in order to communicate the Construction Phase Plan information, including all RAMS, with regards setting up of the site and to brief the Team Leader on their responsibilities to ensure that works carried out on the Gas Network comply with the relevant statutory requirements (CDM, IGEM) and Cadent / Trinity standards, policies and procedures. · Ensure the correct information, Utility drawings, CPP, and all current safe system of works are up to date and ready for construction and that the CDM file is handed over to a competent Team leader and that it is maintained throughout. · Supervise, the opening and closing of street works in accordance with NRSWA including Traffic Management and Permit Conditions. · Supervise the delivery teams during the works, including site set up (SLG), enabling of the works, Gas operations, Backfill and reinstatement to site completion and closed. · Ensure that the required levels of competency (skilled and safety critical roles) are always maintained during the work. · To maintain effective working relationships with other managers and colleagues across other departments and functions of the Company in the best interests of the customers and the business. · To ensure that the LDP / DPS provides and maintains their plant and equipment for the safe use of during the works process.
· To carry out compliance checks and record on the required format/portal, track and close non-compliant issues within the required timeframe. Ratio 1 x inspection per team per week. · Raise hazards/Near miss on the E20 App on all sites and promote the use of to all teams. · To be the first reporter of incidents/accidents with initial report of the occurrence and then ensure its escalated to the Compliance team for further investigation. · Ensure that all materials and resources are available at the right place and at the right time. · To assist in delivery of the works in line with safety, program, cost and quality. · Record Data correctly Mains Laid, Abandoned, Service Relays & Transfers, DR4’s, DAF’s and Shallow Mains Deviations on to the required Track sheet format. · Report all incidents and Near misses via the preferred portal and intervene, stop the work if necessary. · Attend all sites daily, manned and unmanned, to ensure a safe site is maintained and compliant. · Ensure all operational permits are in place and that all Routine Operations are carried out as approved by the Authorising Engineer (AE).·
Ensure all site activities are carried out in a manner that will not put at risk any employee or member of the public, including the travelling public. · Ensure that your handover to the Standby Manager for all planned and unplanned work-related issues are carried out in a timely manner before the end of your shift. · Dial into the governance call to give updates on your projects to your Project Manager focussing on Delivery, Customer, Safety and Compliance. · Collaboratively work with the CLO (Customer Liaison Officer) with Customer complaints and enquires in order to assist with the closing out of within the times scales or SLA set by client. · Collaboratively working with auditors to ensure the highest possible standards of health, safety and environment are delivered · Ensure all Site-Specific Risk Assessments (SSRA) are carried out in a timely fashion (before, during and on completion of projects). · You will ensure that the site is fully compliant in those periods between Gas operations and reinstatement to final completion of the works. · Ensure that on completion of work all necessary site records (CDM, all completed SSRA, and drawings) are handed back over to the Data Team for the H&S File to be completed. · You are empowered to stop works if a safety concern is identified on site and escalate to the Project Manager.
- Delivery – Deliver the programme in accordance with the works schedule.
- Going the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction is met in accordance with relevant GSOP standards.
- Compliance – Work in accordance with the correct documentation for the task in hand.
· Safety – Protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of all Trinity employees, LDP’s /DPS Teams, members of the public and by following our 4 safety principles.
Training and Qualifications
- ‘Safe Control of Operations’ (SCO) 1, 2, and 5. If these are not held the applicant must work towards holding these qualifications within 6 months of the employment start date with Trinity and with a target of becoming a CP and then AE for RO.
- SHEA Gas Safety Passport
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Safety Qualifications (e.g., IOSH, Managing Safely)
- Level 3 Supervisory Management or similar
- SMSTS (Within 6 months of start date with Trinity)
- Working towards Engineering Technician grade with IGEM.
Knowledge and Experience
-To understand the importance of the customer and the effects on members of the public (MOP) as a stakeholder in Cadent
- A clear understanding of safety working practices
- Deep Excavation qualification and Permit Control experience a necessity
- Commercial awareness for driving efficiencies through the process.
- Full UK driving licence
- You are able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience in the Gas Industry or in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of NRSWA [New Roads and Street works Act 1991]
- People management and leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- IT / app skills