Role: Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant – May 2021 Start – Rushden
The role involves supporting children independently or in small groups. Usually, TA’s tend to support the whole class however, they usually work exclusively with pupils with special educational needs (SEN) or those pupils who may have a range of learning and/or behavioural difficulties.
What your role will include:
• An understanding of the Teaching Assistant role supporting and overseeing pupils on set tasks and the expected outcomes of individual activities within the allocated timescale
• To be calm under pressure, adaptable and enthusiastic
• To be compassionate, have a positive attitude and encouraging
• Good listening ability and to be sensitive to pupils’ individuals needs
• Promote positive behaviour management skills
• Understanding of SEN
• Knowledge of a range of learning support needs
• Supporting with Literacy and Maths and helping to explain how to apply what they have learnt in lesson
• Providing supervision during break/lunch times when required
• Listening to pupils read and read to pupils as a class, group or one-to-one
• Guiding and monitoring pupil progress
• Undertaking a variety of duties that free up a teacher's time, such as preparing the classroom
Benefits of working with Teaching Personnel:
• 20 plus years’ experience as the leading Education Recruitment agency working in partnership with countless Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools
• Weekly Pay – PAYE included
• A dedicated, specialist consultant to support you and your needs
• Unrivalled CPD opportunities including Team Teach, NASEN and Autism Awareness
• Full or flexible part-time work to fit around your existing commitments
• School based working hours – 8:30am-15:30pm
• A chance to commit to a permanent contract if desired
Interested? Please contact 01604 376814 or email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.